18

I woke up alone in bed. I sat up and looked around. There was still shattered glass on the floor from last night. Sebastian was sitting on the floor in the corner. "I'm sorry," he whispered. He gripped his hair. "Gods, i am so so sorry."

"Bash-"

"I tried, i really did try. I couldn't help myself. Alexa i swear i didn't mean to hurt you."

I patted beside me. He slowly stood up and walked over to the bed sitting in the spot. I moved to sit on his lap. i grabbed his hand and placed it on my wrist, letting him feel my pulse. He closed his eyes. "I'm okay, you didn't hurt me. You stopped the moment you saw me crying." i kissed his forehead. "I told you that you couldn't have hurt me."

"You mean i didn't?"

I grabbed his face. "Look at me and i mean really look at me."

He studied my face, my heartbeat, my scent. "I didn't turn you," he breathed out.

"You didn't turn me."

He wrapped his arms around me. 'Oh thank the gods." he began to sob on my shoulder. I hugged him back. I moved to sit on his lap. He rocked us back and forth as he quietly sobbed.

That's when i began to think. I was so worried about myself, about being turned that i never thought about how he would feel. He must have been terrified of turning me against my will. He knew if he turned me like that, i'd never forgive him. He knew i'd end up resenting him, even for a time.

"I'm okay Bash, i really am." I gently grabbed his face and kissed his forehead. "I'm not mad at you, i know it wasn't your fault." i wiped under his eyes. "How did you control yourself?"

"I don't know," he whispered. "You were crying and i didn't want to hurt you. I just wanted to hold you. I guess Lun took pity on the two of us."

"Spend the day with me," i told him.

"What?"

"You're clearly still upset about it and it might make you feel better if you're with me today."

He smiled. "I'd love to spend the day with you. We can do whatever you wish."

"Can we go to the greenhouse?"

He nodded. "Whatever you want." he kissed my forehead. "Why don't you get ready and i'll get us some breakfast." i nodded. He set me on the bed beside him. He stood up. He walked out of the bedroom.

I walked into the closet. I changed into a red and black plaid bodycon dress with a cropped jean jacket over top. I slid on a pair of thick high heeled black booties. I brushed my teeth and did my hair and makeup.

I walked back out to the room to see Sebastian standing next to the bed now covered in plates of breakfast foods. He ran his hand through his hair. "I think i went a little overboard."

"Just a little," i chuckled. I walked over sitting on the only empty spot on the bed. I started eating from one of the plates.

"You look gorgeous," he said.

I smiled at him. "Thank you." he watched as i ate as much of the food as i could. There were still a bunch of plates left. "Where does the extra food go?"

"We usually give it to the humans working the palace that don't have much at home."

"That's good, i wouldn't want this food to go to waste."

"Are you all done then?" he asked. I nodded. He held his hand out for me. I grabbed it and stood up. He placed his hand on the small of my back as we walked through the palace. Josephine walked up to us. "Leave mother, i do not wish to get into this with you right now."

"Sebastian-" she started. He growled at her. My eyes widened at their interaction. She sighed. "When you are ready to talk, i will be here."

Sebastian didn't say anything as he pushed me to start walking. I didn't want to say anything so i stayed quiet as we walked to the greenhouse. He opened the door for me. I walked in. Sebastian wrapped his arms around me from behind. "You can ask, i'll always tell you anything you want to know."

"Why are you and your mother fighting?"

"She was the one that let me out of my chains. She was suppose to be guarding me but she said she wanted me to turn you. That everything would be easier if you were turned."

He kissed my shoulder. "Why?"

"Because she has a messed up view. She believes a mate should be turned the second they are found, she doesn't understand why you wouldn't want to be turned. I don't really understand why you don't want to be turned."

I moved out of his arms. I walked over to a bed of flowers gently touching a petal. "My parents were killed by vampires, sebastian."

"What?"

I turned around to face him. "My parents were paranormal researchers. Beth and Carlson answered the questions they had about the world and they became friends. The council found out about humans knowing about them and were scared. They killed them. My parents last breath was made asking Beth and Carlson to look after me."

Sebastian walked up to me wrapping his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I didn't know, i'm sorry."

"Can we just talk about something else?" i sniffled.

He nodded. He kissed my cheek. "Have you ever worked in a garden before?" he asked. I shook my head. "Just spray the flowers."

"Sounds easy enough," i said. He handed me a spray bottle. I walked around spraying the different flowers. I caught Sebastian looking over at me and quickly looking away whenever i caught him.

He plucked a small red poppy flower from one of the boxes. He walked over to me. I stopped what i was doing and turned to face him. He tucked my hair behind my ear grazing his fingers against my cheek. He placed the flower behind my ear. "Beautiful," he whispered.

I smiled. I turned back to the plants. Sebastian wrapped his arms around me while i watered the plants. I stopped leaning back into him. "How are you?" i whispered.

"I'm fine, Mea Soare."

I turned around in his arms. "I know you're not though." i raised my hand up running my hand along his cheek. "I know the full moon was hard for you especially because you couldn't turn me."

"Alexa, i don't want to turn you," he told me. "Not until you want to be turned."

I looked down. "And if i never want to be turned?" i whispered.

I could see his body tense. "We don't have to talk about that now. We can have that conversation at a later time, a better time."

I nodded, not wanting to upset him. We spent the rest of the day in the greenhouse. Sebastian didn't want to be around anyone but me. He had food sent in when i was hungry and he didn't spend more than five feet away from me. I liked spending time with him and he seemed to be calmer knowing i was with him all day. We let ourselves forget about what happened last night. But i knew we would need to have the conversation soon. He had to know i wouldn't turn. I would never turn.

***********************************************************************************************

well today is my birthday! I don't have much planned because of covid but I am going to see my best friend for the first time in months so I am happy about that! I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for reading!