12

I looked down at the dress Sebastian had laid out for me. It was a long dark red lace dress with a deep v-cut and a high slit up the right leg. Tonight there was a dinner and meeting with the major viceroy's from around the world. I was nervous to have to be around so many vampires but Sebastian said i was required to come because i was his mate. I knew he would keep me safe but that didn't stop me from worrying.

I decided to leave the dress for last. I walked into the bathroom. Sebastian had gotten me hair and makeup supplies for tonight. I brushed my hair and straightened it. I put on eyeliner, mascara, foundation, and red lipstick. I applied lotion all over my body and put on a silk robe. I tied it as i left the bathroom. I looked down at the dress again. I sighed. I walked to my door and opened it. "Darrian, could you get Sebastian for me? I have a question for him."

"Of course, milady."

"Please don't call me milady," i said as i closed the door. I could faintly hear him apologize. I sat down on my bed as i waited for Sebastian.

"Alexa? Is everything alright?" Sebastian asked from outside my room. "Can i come in?"

"Yes." He opened the door and walked in. He had on an all black suit and a simple gold crown with red oval jewels. He raised his eyebrow at me after i was staring at him. I bit my lip. "I had a question."

"Okay but first i have something for you." he handed me a necklace box from behind his back. I smiled softly. He opened it. It was a diamond and pearl collar. My smile fell from my lips. "Do you like it?"

"You're insane if you think i'd wear that."

"mea soare, it's our rules. And anyways, it's beautiful and not just some chain or a ribbon."

I closed the box and pushed it away from me. "I'm not some pet you can put a collar on and have kneel before you."

He sighed. "Alexa please, I don't see you as a pet."

"Then don't make me wear a collar," i pleaded. "Do you respect me? Or do you see me as your property?" i asked. "Cause Sebastian if you see me as property, whatever relationship you want with me will never happen."

He closed his eyes. He opened his eyes again and sighed. "Fine, please get dressed, i laid a dress out for you. The viceroy's will be arriving soon."

"That's what i called you in for." i grabbed the dress and held it up. "it's beautiful but i thought i wasn't allowed to wear red."

"Why wouldn't you be allowed to wear red?"

"I was told only royals could wear red to these events."

"You're my mate, which makes you a part of the royal family." he leaned forward kissing my forehead. "I'll be back in an hour."

"All i have to do is put my dress on, can you zip me up?" he nodded. "Turn around?" he nodded again and turned around. I untied my robe and slipped it off. I stepped into the dress. I pulled my hair to the side. "You can turn around now."

I felt his fingers against my back as he slowly zipped up my dress. I turned around. He looked down at me. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," i said with a small smile as i turned around. I reached up and recentered his crown. "You look really nice, Sebastian."

"Thank you. Since the collar is completely out of the question, we should get you something else to wear." he held out his hand. I placed my hand in his. We walked out of the room and through the palace stopping at a door with two guards in front. They bowed their heads at him and opened the door for us.

The room was filled with jewels. Sebastian let my hand go to let me wander. "Oh my god, everything is so beautiful. Do i really get to wear something from here?" i asked him.