10

The cab dropped me off at a train station. I walked inside and got in line at the ticket booth. When it was my turn, i smiled at the receptionist. "Do you speak english?"

She held up a finger. "un moment va rog (one moment please)," she turned around walked walked to the back. She came back with an older man. "un american," she told him.

"How can i help you?" he asked.

"One way ticket to Sofia, Bulgaria please," i told him handing him the amount. He handed me my ticket. "Thank you." i took my ticket and headed over to the train. I boarded the train and walked all the way to the back. I kept my eyes on the entrances making sure Sebastian didn't follow me.

When the train started moving, i fell asleep for a few hours. When i woke up, i read the magazines tucked in the sleeves of the backs of the chairs. We finally arrived in Sofia around noon. I walked to a small coffee shop and sat outside. A waitress came over to me. "kakvo moga da ti vzema? (what can i get you?)"

"A black coffee," i said hoping she could understand english. She smiled and nodded walking back inside. I ran my hand through my hair.

There was a man at the table across from me staring at me. I smiled politely at him. "Forgive me for staring," he said in a french accent. "You just look a lot like my late wife."

"It's alright."

He reached held his hand out. "I'm Jean Beaumont III."

I shook his hand. "I'm Alexa Lacroix."

"It's nice to meet you," he smiled. "So what are you doing in Bulgaria?"

"I was on vacation with my family and now i'm trying to figure out a way home." he raised his eyebrow. "I lost my passport."

"Oh i'm so sorry, where are you trying to go?"

"Paris."

"Well if you need a way to Paris, my company is flying back to Paris in a couple hours."

"That's very kind but i don't usually fly with men i just met."

He smiled. "I do understand but we wouldn't ask for a passport." The waitress came back with my coffee. I mixed in a pack of sugar. "And i also don't expect anything in return. You just remind me of my wife and i miss her."

"I really appreciate it." he smiled.

The two of us talked casually for about an hour before his car picked us up and drove us to the private airfield. We walked onto the private plane. I was glad to see the plane had more business women then me. "c'est Alexa, elle nous rejoindra pour le vol (this is Alexa, she will be joining us for the flight)." Jean said to his coworkers.

They said their greetings in french as Jean led us to sit. We sat across from each other. "I never asked what your company is."

"My sister and i own a string of restaurants in france."

"Oh that's really cool."

He told me all about his restaurants and his plans for making a new restaurant. I listened with a smile on my face. He was a sweet man and it was nice talking to someone who knew nothing of the crazy world i was apart of. When we landed, he walked with me off the plane. "Do you need a ride somewhere?"

I shook my head. "No, you've been too kind already."

"It was really nice to meet you Alexa." i smiled as he got into his car with another one of his coworkers. I hailed a cab to take me to the one person i knew in france.

The car dropped me off in front of a small house with a garden out front. Tending to the garden was a tall brunette girl wearing blue overalls. "Monique?" i asked.

She looked up at me. "Alexa, c'est toi? (is that you?)" i nodded. She put down her gardening tools and walked over to me. "What are you doing here?"

"I took a spontaneous trip to Paris and i was hoping your offer to let me stay here still stands even after two years?"

"Of course, i'm so happy to see you. Come come, i will make us some tea and we can talk." i let her pull me inside her one bedroom house. I sat down in the living room while she rummanged around her little kitchen for the tea supplies. When the tea was done she walked over to me handing me one of the mugs. "How have you been? What brought on this spontaneous trip?"

I took a sip of the tea. "I've been having some guy problems and i needed to get away for awhile."

"Well i am so glad you decided to get away to see me," she smiled.

"Could i call Cece? I lost my phone and i just want to let her know i'm okay."

"Yeah of course, let me grab my phone." she stood up and grabbed her phone from her room. "Tell her i said hi." i nodded and dialed Cece.

Monique? What a surprise

Cece, it's me

Alexa? Oh my god. MOM! DAD! I GOT ALEXA ON THE PHONE. Are you okay? Wait what are you doing in Paris

I'm okay and i ran away from the palace. I got to Bulgaria and then someone got me to France and then i made it to Monique's

Okay, i want you to stay at Monique's until we can get there

I will

I'm so glad you're okay, we were all so worried

I've been fine, i wasn't hurt or anything. Just get here soon okay?

We will, we'll be there as soon as we can. I love you, we all love you so much Lex

I love you guys too

I hung up the phone. I walked into the kitchen handing Monique her phone. "How long do you plan on staying here?"

"Just for a few days, Cece is gonna fly out and we're gonna travel around europe."

She touched my forearm. "Well you are welcome to stay as long as you want." i smiled. "I'll go get some blankets and pillows for you." she walked into her bedroom coming back out with blankets and pillows. I helped her make the couch up. She wrapped her arms around me. "bonne nuit (good night)."

"bonne nuit." she headed into her bedroom. I laid down on the couch. I wrapped myself in the thick blanket closing my eyes. It took me what seems like forever just to fall asleep. My dreams were filled with darkness and a pair of glowing dark red eyes.