29

Sebastian and i walked hand in hand from the bedroom to the main library. He wanted to start planning for the wedding right away. We sat down on the couches. He had lists and pictures laid out on the table in front of us to look through. "What would you like to start with?"

"Shouldn't we wait for your parents?"

He sighed. He grabbed my hands bringing them up to his lips. He kissed my knuckles on both my hands. "My mother doesn't approve of me marrying you now that you decided that you won't turn."

"Bash-"

"I'm sure she'll come around but for now, it'll be the two of us planning." i nodded. He kissed my knuckles again. "What would you like to start with?"

"I don't know," i chuckled. "You're the one with the lists."

He smiled. "I just have some ideas we can look through. I've invited Cecelia and Beth to help us out."

"Really?" i asked excitedly. "When are they coming in?"

"Tomorrow afternoon." i kissed his cheek. He turned to lean against the arm of the chair. I laid in between his legs against his chest. He grabbed the papers. "We have a lot to read through."

"Will you read it to me?" i asked looking up at him.

"Of course." he started reading through the papers. He talked about flowers, food, colors, cake flavors, and more. We sat in the library for over an hour. I slowly tilted my hand side to side watching as my ring caught the light. Sebastian grabbed my hand kissing my knuckles and the ring. "bored?"

"Sorry," i whispered. I turned to face him. "I'm excited and all but i've never really thought about my wedding. Cece was always the one obsessed with this kind of stuff."

"Why don't you go upstairs and take a nap? We can work on the planning when she gets here."

"Are you sure?" he nodded. I kissed his cheek. "Thank you." i stood up and walked out of the library. I saw Josephine at the other end of the hallway. I jumped back when she was suddenly right in front of me. I curtised. "Your majesty."

"Do you even know how selfish you are being?"

"Huh?"

"My son has been dreaming of his mate his whole life and you're taking that away from him." i looked at her confused. "Do you know what happens to someone who loses their mate? It's like their hearts are no longer full. They yearn for them night and day. Their life no longer has meaning."

"Why are you telling me this?" i asked, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

"Your refusal to turn is going to cause my son more pain than he or I or you will know. You are going to grow old and die right in front of his eyes. He'll spend hundreds of thousands of years mourning you."

I started softly crying. "I'm not trying to hurt him."

"And yet, that's exactly what you're doing."

"Mother?" i turned around to see Sebastian walking over to us. He wiped underneath my eyes. "What'd you say to her?" he growled at her.

"The truth," Josephine said walking past the two of us.

He looked down at me. "Are you okay? What did she say to you?"

I stepped away from him. "Oh gods, i'm so so sorry," i whimpered.

"For what? I don't know what's happening."

I ran off towards the bedroom crying. "Alexa?" asked Darrian when i got to the bedroom.

"I don't want to see him," i cried, pushing past him and collapsing on the bed.

"She said she didn't want to see you," i heard Darrian say outside the bedroom.

"She's my mate and she's in pain, i need to be there for her."

"Let her calm down first okay? Look, you asked me to be her bodyguard and that means i'll guard her body and her heart. Come back in a few hours okay?"

I heard Sebastian sigh. "Okay."

"Alexa, if you need anything, i'm here," Darrian said behind the closed door. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

I started waking up when i heard the bedroom door open. After crying for so long, i was ready to talk with Sebastian. I felt the bed dip and felt him over top of me. i opened my eyes to Sebastian with his fangs against my neck. "Bash?"

"Alexa!"

"Bash what are you doing?" i whimpered.

"I can explain."

"Were you gonna turn me?" i gasped. He didn't say anything. "What the hell is wrong with you?" i screamed. I pushed him off of me and jumped off the bed.

"Mea soare let me explain."

"Get out! I can't believe you would do this to me," i cried. Sebastian stepped to me. I grabbed a pillow and started hitting him with it. "I hate you!"

"Alexa," he said quietly. "Please. I am sorry."

I threw more pillows at him. "Get out!"

"Alexa!"

"I hate you! I wish I had never even met you!" i screamed slamming the door shut. "Ugh!" i threw a vase against the wall, shattering it. I sighed. I walked over and started cleaning it up. I stopped and sobbed into my hands. How could he do that to me? I thought he understood what i wanted. How could he even think of turning me against my will? How could he even think of forcing me into a life i didn't want?

My cries stopped as two people climbed through the window. I got up and slowly walked back towards the door. One of the men brought out his fangs as he inhaled my scent. "I didn't know the prince's mate was a human, this is going to be easier than I thought."

The other one, a younger boy, shifted into a small black wolf. His fur was ratted up and he had scars all over himself. "Please like you said I'm just human," i said. "I'm worthless."

The vampire chuckled. "Not worthless to us beautiful. Now the boy doesn't want me to hurt you so either you can come with me quietly or I'll get to have some fun." I nodded. I walked over to him. He grabbed me by the waist pulling me to him. He wrapped my arms around his neck. He jumped out the window with me in his arms. The wolf jumped down after us. "Don't take too long," the vampire said to the wolf.

The vampire sped us away from the palace. We ran for what seemed like hours. We stopped in front of a cave. The vampire gripped my elbow tightly as we walked into the cave. He pushed me against the wall of the cave. He bared his fangs at me. My eyes widened as i began fighting against him. "Stop," the young wolf said.

The vampire turned his head to growl at him. "Want to run that by me again?"

"We are not to harm them," the young wolf said.

The vampire let me go. "Take her then, she's just too tempting."

"Come with me your majesty," he said. Knowing i couldn't outrun him, i walked with him further into the cave. He opened the door to a heavily guarded cell. My wrists and ankles were chained to the walls of the cave with heavy silver chains. I sat down on the floor of the cave. The young wolf looked at me with shame in his eyes. "Forgive me your majesty." He stood up. He bowed his head before leaving me alone in the cell.