6

I had the music channel on blasting 90s songs as i walked around my room bored. I barely heard the knock on the door. I muted the tv. "Come in," i said, expecting Darrian with my food. My eyes widened when i saw Queen Josephine dressed in business casual consisting of red satin dress pants and a black long sleeve silk shirt. I bowed my head. "Your majesty."

"Hello Alexa."

"Do what do i owe this honor?"

"I was hoping you would join me for lunch and a tour of the palace," she said. "That is if you're able to look me in the eyes. I don't particularly enjoy talking with someone too scared to look me in the eyes." i raised my head looking into her eyes. "So what do you say?"

"I would love to your majesty."

"Please, call me Josephine." she walked over to me. "May i?" she asked nodding down at the chain. I nodded. She unchained me. "I will give you a few minutes to get ready." she walked out of the room closing the door behind her. I headed into the closet. I changed into a white t-shirt dress putting a light blue denim jacket on before i headed out of my room. Josephine was waiting for me. "Darrian darling, take the day off. She'll be safe with me."

"Thank you, your majesty."

"Tell Brianna and Maia i say hello."

"I will," he said bowing his head. "Have a nice day ladies."

Josephine and i started walking. She took me outside to the garden gazebo where a small white table with two plates of food sat. we sat down. "I hope this is to your liking."

"All the food i've had here has been wonderful, i'm sure this will be just as amazing." we each had a plate of roasted vegetables, cilantro line rice, grilled chicken, and white wine. We started eating. "Thank you for getting me out of that room. I was going stir crazy."

"It's no problem my dear." we ate in silence. I finished all my food while she seemed to just pick at her meal. I found myself nervously bouncing my leg. She took a sip of her wine. "So, all i know about you is that you're from america, tell me about yourself."

I took a sip before answering her. "There's not much to tell. My life was boring. I lived in a small town in Providence, Rhone Island with my family. I'm a gymnast and a good one at that."

She smirked. "There must be something interesting about you."

"I was raised by vampires."

She raised her eyebrow. "Raised?"

It was my turn to look confused. "Yes. Beth and Carlson were friends of my parents. When they died, they took me in. i lived with them and their daughter Cece my entire life."

She chuckled finishing her wine. "Would you like to see my favorite part of the palace?" i nodded. We both stood up. I grabbed my glass of wine. We walked back inside. She led me through the beautiful palace to a long hallway. On each side of us were portraits of the royal family. "Beautiful aren't they? Some of these portraits date back over a thousand years."

"I can see why it's your favorite part of the palace. You are surrounded by all the people you love."

"You tell me you were raised by vampires, tell me what you know."

I took a sip of my wine. "Carlson used to tell the story of Lun and the others gods to Cece and i as a bedtime story. The gods created the world, the different magical creatures, and the humans." i looked at her. i smiled to myself thinking about Cece and Carlson. "He'd tell us about you."

"What about me?"

"Queen Josephine was the first creature of the night. She is as beautiful as she is powerful. She helped divide the world up between the other magical creatures and voted for everyone to hide themselves from humans instead of ruling over them."