19

"Save me my prince," Abby made her princess doll say.

I moved the toy horse towards the play castle. "I will save you, my princess," i said in a deep voice. She giggled. I smiled up at her. "Let down your hair so that i may climb up." She lifted her head up and frowned. I sat up setting the doll to the side. "What wrong Abby?" i asked.

"It's mommy, we have to hide," she said.

"What?"

"People are attacking the palace," she cried running into my arms. I picked her up and ran us out of the room. She hung tightly to me.

I ran us downstairs to the kitchen and into one of the pantries. I crouched down holding her tight to me. "You need to be quiet okay?" i whispered. She nodded. I kissed the top of her head. "It'll be okay."

A tear fell down my cheek when i heard the door to the kitchen open. The footsteps became louder the closer it got to us. Abby screamed when the pantry door opened. "It's me, it's okay," sebastian said. i stood up with her still in my arms. He bent down holding under my knees and behind my back. I clutched Abby to my chest. "Close your eyes and tuck your head into my chest," he told me.

"I don't-"

"I'm faster than the average vampire, it'll be too much for you to see."

"Sebbie where are we going?" Abby cried. "Where's mommy and daddy? Where's nate?"

"Mom and dad will be fine and Nate is meeting us at the safe house." i didn't have time to say anything when he sped away. I kept my eyes closed like he said. I could feel everything speed past us faster than i've ever been. He slowed down in front of a small house in the middle of a beautiful forest. He walked us inside. He set us down on a puffy brown couch. Abigail moved from my arms and into Sebastian's. He hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head. "Are you okay Abby?"

She nodded. "Seb, is that you?" shouted Nate from further inside the house. She dropped from his arms and ran over to Nate who walked into the room we were in. He bent down to her level. She wrapped her arms around him. "You guys okay?"

Sebastian kneeled down in front of me. "How do you feel?"

"My head hurts."

He touched the side of my head. I leaned into his hand, closing my eyes. "Going as fast as I do isn't good for a human, you should go lay down." I nodded and stood up. My legs wobbled and gave out, making me fall on him. He grabbed my waist to stabilize me. He picked me up bridal style. "I got you."

He walked us further into the house to one of the two bedrooms. He laid me down on the bed and sat down beside me. "Who attacked the palace?"

"Hunters."

"Hunters?" i asked surprised. "I thought they were wiped out in the war?"

"Yes, technically we wiped them out but hunter's are family based. We didn't go and wipe out every member of every hunter family so i'm not surprised they survived over the years."

"Are your parents gonna be okay?"

"My mother is the most powerful vampire in history, she'll be okay." he leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Get some rest, we'll talk more in the morning."

He stood up. I reached over grabbing his hand. "Will you stay with me?" i asked. he nodded.

He sat back down beside me. I sat up and moved to sit in front of him. "Alexa, you need to lay down."

"Shh," I whispered, putting my finger on his lips. I gently touched his bottom lip. He kissed my finger. "Close your eyes." he raised his eyebrow. "Please." he closed his eyes. I leaned forward and kissed him softly. He seemed to be stunned at first but then began to kiss me back. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me onto his lap. He kissed me hard as if at any moment i'd disappear. I pulled away and rested my head on his shoulder. "I thought it was about time I did that."

"Mea soare, I want you to kiss me because you want to, not because you feel like you have to."

I lifted my head up. I grabbed his face. I kissed him again. I pulled his bottom lip into my mouth. He pushed his tongue past my lips and into my mouth. I moaned at the feeling. His hands held my waist as he deepened the kiss. I pulled away from him. "I wanted to."

He smiled. "I'd really like to kiss you some more but you do need to rest."

I leaned forward to kiss him again. He kissed me back. He rolled us over. My skirt rolled up to my hip. He ran his hand up my leg from my knee to my upper thigh. He gently bit down on my bottom lip. I felt his fangs scrape against my lip. He jumped back putting distance between us. "Sebastian?"

"I didn't mean to draw blood," he said. His fangs were still out and he was breathing heavily.

I touched my bloody lip. "I know you didn't."

"Get some rest, i'll come back with some food later."

He didn't give me time to reply as he sped out of the room. I sighed. I laid down on the bed. I didn't sleep though. I just allowed my body to relax. Sebastian was right, going as fast as he did put a strain on my body.

Sebastian came back hours later. He had a glass of water. I sat up. He sat down beside me on the bed handing it to me. "Drink up." I nodded. I slowly drank it until it was empty. I set it down. Sebastian put his hand on my cheek. "Feel better?"

I nodded. "Are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"A large group of hunters got past the perimeter and into the palace. It was like they knew the ways inside." he lifted me up placing me on his lap. "There hasn't been that large or an organized group of hunters since... since they attacked me."

I kissed his cheek. I leaned my forehead against his. "Were you coming for you?"

"I doubt it, the attack on me was centuries ago." he slowly rubbed my back. "We need to stay here until it is deemed safe." i nodded laying my head on his chest. "I can stay in the living room if that makes you more comfortable."

I shook my head. "Stay with me, please."

"I'll always stay with you." he turned his body around so that he was leaning against the headrest. I laid in between his legs. He pulled the blanket over the two of us. He ran his fingers through my hair. "Go to sleep and if we're lucky we'll get to go home when you wake up."

"I'm not tired."

"Try to go to sleep anyway, please." i snuggled into him. He wrapped his arms around me. I felt him kiss the top of my head. I closed my eyes. He was cold underneath me but i didn't mind. It didn't take me a lot of time to fall asleep in his arms.