11

"Merci," i smiled as the waiter handed me my cappuccino. I took a sip as i opened my book up. I looked up to see Monique walking over to me. She sat down across from me. "Hey, i thought you had work?"

"I do but i thought i could have a quick breakfast with you," she said. I smiled. She waved over the waiter. "monsieur, une baguette et un café s'il vous plaît (sir, a baguette and a coffee please)."

"je vais l'obtenir pour vous, madame (i'll get that for you, ma'am)."

"Merci." she reached over and grabbed my hand. "So what is your plan for your last day in Paris? Cecilia is arriving later tonight yes?"

"Yes she is," i said taking another sip of my cappuccino. "And i just plan on just relaxing with my book and cappuccino."

"Are you sure? I could take off work to spend the day with you?"

I squeezed her hand. "No please, i'll be fine."

The waiter came back with her bread and coffee. She ate her food and drank her coffee before standing up. She leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I will see you tonight." she walked off towards the street in search of a cab. "Au revoir," she waved at me as she hailed down a car.

"Au revoir." i opened my book back up to contiuene reading. When i finished my drink i waved down the waiter. "puis-je obtenir un autre cappuccino? (can i get another cappuchino?)" he nodded. I looked down at my book. the waiter came back with my cappuccino. i heard the sliding of a chair. "Did you forget something?" i chuckled.

"No but i almost lost something." my eyes widened as i looked up to see Sebastian sitting across from me. "I must say the outfit switch at the club was quite genius, it took Damian and i awhile to find out what you did."

"How did you-"

"Find you?" he asked. "I followed your scent. Given that i'm not a regular vampire, it wasn't that hard to find you but the plane ride did throw me off a bit." He grabbed my cappuccino and took a sip. He handed it back to me. "I do want to know why you ran away though, i thought we agreed to be friends."

"I do want to be friends," i said quietly. "I just wanted to be long distance friends."

"Alexa, i want you to be happy but i need you to be with me. Now that i've met you i can't live without you." he stood up buttoning up his suit jacket. He held out his hand for me. "Please come home with me."

I put my hand in his standing up. "What about Monique? She's gonna worry if i'm not back."

"I found her and compelled her, she won't remember you even being here."

"If we're gonna speed back can you give me a few minutes? I just ate and-"

"We're taking a train, i plan on spending as much time with you as possible." he moved his hand to my lower back. He walked us to a limo. We didn't talk as we drove to the train station. He grabbed my hand walking onto the train. He led us to one of the private bedroom cars with a couch and a queen bed.

I sat down on the bed as he sat down on the couch. "Am i in trouble?" i asked quietly.

He unbuttoned his suit as he leaned back. "Of course not, mea soare."

"I didn't mean to hurt you." he raised his eyebrow. "I missed my family and you didn't want to let me go."

"It's okay. I understand why you did it. I want nothing more than for you to chose to be with me but i don't think that can happen until the two of us get to know each other."

"Okay," i whispered.

"Okay?" he asked with a smile.

I crossed my legs underneath me. "20 questions but we can pass on any questions we really don't want to answer." he nodded in approval.