4

I opened my eyes. I quickly closed them at the blinding lights of the room. I opened my eyes slower. I turned my head to see a little girl sitting on the bed i was in looking down at me. "You're up you're up. You sleep a lot but mommy told me that humans sleep a lot. You're really pretty. Daddy says that i'm really pretty but he has to say that because he's my daddy."

"Umm?"

"Your blood smells really good. What type of blood do you have? Oh i never asked you what you name is, what's your name? Did i tell you that you're really pretty? I think i told you that already."

"Okay sweetie stop," i said. I pushed myself up to sit. "What's going on? And where am i?"

"Wait i compelled you, why aren't you answering my questions?"

"I can't be compelled."

"I can't be compelled either, except by mommy and Sebby. I've never met a human that can't be compelled, that's so cool. I'm so excited to have another girl here, i mean mommy is here but she's always working."

"Sweetheart please, can you please tell me where i am?"

"Oh right, you're in our palace."

"I'm back in Romania?" she nodded. "Why am i here?"

Before she could answer, the door opened. My eyes widned when i saw the prince. I bowed my head down. "Abby, what are you doing in here? Sebastian told you to leave her alone."

"Sorry Nate."

"Run along." she hopped down from the bed and ran out of the room. "You must be Alexa, i'm Nathianial."

"I know who you are," i said softly. "You're the prince."

"Well one of the princes but yes." he leaned against the wall. "My mother asked me to check on you."

"Why would the queen care how i am?"

He smirked. "Now that's a good question." he pushed himself off the wall. I flinched and scooted away from him. His smirk got bigger. "There's a guard posted outside your door so don't bother to try and run. Bathroom is over there and there is a closet if you want a change of clothes."

"Am i a prisoner here?"

He shrugged. "In the technical sense yes." he walked out of the room shutting the door behind him.

I got up. I walked over to the door and opened it. Just like the prince said, there was a guard standing outside my door. He looked at me. "Is something wrong mi'lady?" he asked. He was handsome, not as handsome as sebastian, but enough to make my knees weak. His dark complexion was off set by his bright blue-green eyes.

"No, i'm fine." he nodded. I stepped back in the room. I locked the door behind me. I finally looked around the room. It was a large bedroom with a queen sized bed in the middle of the room and a large white leather couch across from a tv. There were three doors; one leading outside, and the other two leading into what i assumed was the bathroom and the closet. I walked outside. I leaned against the railing looking out at the beautiful grounds.

I walked into the bathroom. I locked the door. There was a rain large shower, a large bath, and a large vanity sink. I turned the faucet on the bathtub letting it fill up as i stripped out of my clothes. When the tub was filled up with the hot water, i stepped in and sat down. I closed my eyes letting myself relax in the hot water. If i was going to die, i was going to die after pampering myself.

I sat in the tub until my whole body was pruny. I got out of the tub and wrapped myself in one of the many white fluffy towels. I walked out of the bathroom and into the closet. The closet was filled with designer clothes, shoes, and bags. Over half of the clothes and shoes were red or had red designs. I dug through the closet until i found a simple white tshirt and a pair of pink silk pajama shorts.

I walked over to the door and opened it. The guard looked at me. "I was just wondering if i could get some food."

"Of course, i'll have someone prepare you something."

"Thank you."

"It's no problem mi'lady."

I walked back into the room locking the door behind me. I sat down on the couch turning on the tv. I flipped through the channels until i found an old black and white movie to watch. A few minutes went by before there was a knock at the door. I stood up walking to the door and opening it. Abigail was barely able to hold the tray in her little arms. "Hi Alexa."

"Hi princess," i said as i took the tray from her. I let her walk into the room with me. She climbed onto my bed. I sat down on the bed and set the tray down in between us. The tray was filled with waffles drenched in syrup, fruit, bacon, sausage, yogurt, and milk. "Do you want some of this? I can't eat all of this."

She nodded eagerly. We split up the food and started eating. "Do you like it here so far?" she asked. "You have one of the best guest rooms in the palace."

"To be honest, no," i told her. "I miss my family, i was taken rather abruptly from them."

She frowned. "I didn't know that."

"It's okay sweetie, it's not your fault." we continued eating. "Abigail, you can compel other vampires right?"

She nodded. "I can, Sebby can, Nate can, Mommy can, and daddy can."

"Would you help me with something?" i asked, smiling down at her. She nodded. I leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Will you compel the guard to let me out of the room?"

"Okay," she whispered back. She leaned forward wrapping her arms around me. "I wished you would stay." I hugged her back. She hopped down from the bed pulling me along with her. She opened the door. The guard looked at us. "You are going to stay here and not talk to anyone," she compelled him.

He growled and struggled to move but the compulsion forced him to stay frozen in his spot. I bent down to Abigail's level. I gently grabbed his little face. "Thank you." i leaned forward kissing her forehead. I stood back up. I looked at the guard. "Sorry."

I quickly sprinted down the palace steps and found myself in the large kitchen. Luckily, none of the human staff stopped me as i ran through the kitchen and out the back door that led me to a small garden. I kept running through the grounds. I froze when i saw Nathanial leaning against a tree. He waved at me with a smirk. "Funny running into you here."

"Please, just let me go."

"Sadly, it's not my decision to let you go or not." He started making his way towards me. I stepped backwards in fright. "I will only ask nicely once, go back to your room and stay there like a good girl."

I shook my head. "I can't stay here."

He was in front of me in a blur. My eyes widened. He grabbed me by the arms turning me around. "Now i won't be so nice," he whispered. He started walking us back to the palace. I stomped on his foot, elbowed him in the ribs, and punched him in the face. I sprinted away from him.

I barely got twenty feet away when he pulled me back to him. He tossed me over his shoulder. "No," i screamed hitting his back as hard as i can. It didn't seem to effect him as he continued walking us back into the palace.

He walked us upstairs. "eliberarea din constrângere," he said.

"Prince Nathanial, there was nothing i could do," said the guard that was posted in front of my room. "Princess Abigail compelled me."

Nathaniel tossed me onto the bed. "Just watch her, i'll be right back." He walked out of the room. I stayed on the bed not wanting to anger the prince. He came back with a chain. My eyes widnened. "I told you, i wasn't going to be nice anymore," he said.

I back away from him. "Please."

"Hold her still," Nathaniel ordered the guard. The guard walked over to me and grabbed me. I struggled against him, tears welling up in my eyes. Nathaniel kneeled down in front of me grabbing my leg. I tried kicking him but the guard held my hip not letting me move. He clasped the chain to my ankle and then got up to lock the other part of the chain to the headboard of the bed. "You weren't supposed to leave this room and now you won't."
***********************************************************************************************
for those of you that have read and loved my book "The Football Player's Cheerleader", then make sure to check out the sequel I just posted "The Football Player's Baby"!