3

I cried into his chest as Austin ran. My sobs turned to hiccups and then to coughs. He finally stopped running and set me on the ground. I slid down the wall. I put my head in my hands. "He's gonna kill me," i cried. "Oh gods, he's gonna kill me."

Austin kneeled down in front of me. He pulled my hands away from my head. "Breathe Lex."

"I'm gonna die."

"You're not going to die," he said. "We're gonna get you home, we're gonna get our new id's, and then we're gonna meet everyone at the safe house." i nodded. He pulled me up to stand along with him. He wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head against his chest breathing in and out. "Come on, we have to get out of these clothes. The guards are going to be following your scent."

i looked around. We were in a romanian city alley. There weren't many people out except a few drnks walking home from the bars nearby. Across the street i saw a man and woman smoking cigerrettes surronded by empty beer bottles. "Them," i said nodding at them.

He nodded. He grabbed my hand and walked us across the street to them. Austin's eyes darkened staring into their eyes. "You will not say a word. The two of you will change clothes with us. Afterwards, you will take a train to France before taking a ferry to England," he compelled them. "Nod if you understand." they both nodded.

The four of us stripped in a secluded back alley and switched outfits. Austin now had on a grey t-shirt, black sweatpants, and a black leather jacket. I now had on a tight black tank top, ripped blue jeans, and a red plaid shirt. I grabbed one of the broken bottles from the ground. "I'm so going to regret this," i said as i sliced my palm.

"Alexa what the hell?" growled Austin, covering his mouth and nose.

I wiped my bloody palm on the inside of the suit jacket and underneath the dress. "My blood will throw them off our trial." i grabbed the hanckerchief from the suit jacket and wrapped it tight around my palm.

"Forget our faces and go to england," Austin compelled them. They nodded and started walking. "Arms around me." i wrapped my arms around him. He sped us to a romanian airport. He compelled a couple to give us their tickets to California. He compelled us through security and onto the plane. My eyes darted back and forth nervously. Austin wrapped his arm around me. "Relax Lex, there's no vampires on this flight."

"Austin, he's gonna kill me isn't he? He's gonna drain me and i'm gonna die."

"We're not going to let him get you," he said. "I'll protect you, Cece will protect you, Beth will protect you, and Carlson will protect you."

"Austin don't lie to me," i whispered. "Just be honest with me, am i gonna die?"

I heard him sigh. "I don't know, Lex. The royals are powerful and if they want your blood, they have many resources." i grabbed his hand. He squeezed my hand. "We'll do everything we can to keep you safe." i nodded. i laid down on his lap. He ran his hand through my hair and down my back. "Try to go to sleep, it's a long flight to California."

"Are you sure there's no vampires on this flight?"

"I'm sure. Go to sleep." i closed my eyes. He continued rubbing my back gently to lull me to sleep. It took me a while to fall asleep, not being able to believe i was safe for the moment. When i finally did fall asleep, my dreams were filled with the beautiful prince killing me. I cried and whined in my sleep. Austin soothed me everytime i woke up with sweet words and rubbing my back. Eventually i fell into a dreamless sleep.

Austin shook me awake. I snapped my head up. "Vampires?"

Austin touched my cheek. "No Lex, the plane landed. We need to go." i nodded. We made our way off the plane and out of the airport. We walked until we saw no one around. "Ready to go?" he asked. I nodded. Austin picked me up bridal style.