14

I woke up to knocking on my bedroom door. I opened my eyes. "Come in," i yawned. The door opened and Sebastian walked in holding a wooden food tray.

"Oh i'm sorry did i wake you? I can come back later." he asked standing by the door not knowing if he should come all the way in.

I sat up. I ran my hand through my hair. "Don't be silly, come in." he walked further into the room. He set the tray on my lap and sat on the bed next to my legs. I crossed my legs and set the tray in front of me. "What did i do to deserve breakfast in bed?"

"I have a surprise for you," he said. "Two actually."

"What is it?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if i told you know would it?" i smiled. "So eat your breakfast and get dressed so i can show you your surprise." On the tray was a plate of crepes filled with nutella, strawberries, and bananas and a mimosa in a tell champagne glass. I cut a piece of the crepe and took a bite. "Is it good?" he asked.

I nodded with a smile. "It's really good, thank you." i leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

"Maybe i should make you breakfast in bed more often." i smiled and kissed his cheek again. I sat back down and went back to eating.

He watched silently while i ate. "Why do you always watch me eat? And watch me do every normal thing?"

"Sorry, i don't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"You don't, i just don't understand."

"Well for one thing, i think you're beautiful," he said softly. A small smile formed on my face. "But it's not always that i'm watching you. Most of the time i zone out and focus on the sound of your heartbeat. Hearing it calms me."

"Why?"

"Your heartbeat tells me you're alive."

I finished my breakfast. I stood up. His eyes fluttered down to my body before shooting back up to my face. I had on one of his black button ups and a pair of sweatpants. "For your surprise, do i need to be in a fancy dress or do i wear something that i'm okay with getting ruined?"

"I'd let you know ahead of time if we are going somewhere you need to wear a fancy dress. Just wear whatever you want."

"Okay, i'll be right back." i walked into the closet. I put on a pair of black and grey tight plaid pants with a black belt, a tight red tank top, and a fuzzy red jacket. I walked into the bathroom. I applied black eyeliner, mascara, and pink lipgloss. I walked back out to the bedroom. "I'm ready."

He held out his hand for me. I grabbed it. We started walking. He stopped us outside the ballroom. He brought my hand up to his lips gently kissing the back of my hand. I raised my eyebrow. "I do hope you enjoy your gift."

"Sebastian, what is my gift?"

He kissed the side of my head. I squeezed his hand. He opened the door. "Alexa?" screamed Cece as she sped over to me. We both fell to the ground as she engulfed me in a hug.

"Oh my gods Cece. i've missed you so much," i cried hugging her. My eyes started watering. "Oh my god, what are you- how are you here?"

"Prince Sebastian invited us," she said.

"Us?" i looked over her shoulder. I saw Beth, Carlson, and Austin smiling. I scrambled to my feet and ran over to them. "Mommy," i cried as i wrapped my arms around Beth.

"Oh my sweet baby," she cooed, petting my hair. i haven't called her that since i was little. Carlson hugged the two of us and kissed the top of my head. I moved into his arms. "Alexa darling, we've missed you so much."