Chapter 11: I Also Want To Be Loved

It had been a week since she woke up and today she decided to meet with Jennette.

“I’m happy you took your time to come here, but are you feeling well enough to be moving around? You still need some rest…

“I’m fine, Jetty”

“I’m glad to hear you are fine, but its better safe than sorry so you should still rest…

“Don’t worry. Anyways, what about the poisoning case? I didn’t find any clues on who was the real culprit and by royal law I’m guilty of treason. Lily didn’t want to tell me but I have to know what’s happening”

“Ijekiel helped me in resolving that so the matter is solved to the disappointment of gossiping nobles” Jennette said clicking her tongue and using her scrutinizing eyes to examine Anthanasia
“You shouldn’t bother yourself with that matter, you’re looking awfully pale”

Yes she was pale, but it was due to her mana which was being drained thanks to some spontaneously signed contract.

“Is that how weak you think I am? Remember I’m your mentor little girl”

The two sisters giggled happily as they recalled old memories of being mischievous which Anthanasia would always come to the rescue and save her.

“But you do know I’m older than you right?’ Jennette asked while checking the silent Anthanasia. “Wait, you think you’re older than me? Hey, hey, do I behave that naïve for you to think that”
Anthanasia was silent for a while before brightly smiling and patting Jennette’s head “I was joking I know you’re older. It’s just I look older than you. But you’ll always look young as you’re the loved princess and I’m pretty much hated everyw-

She stopped her sentence which she had said out subconsciously which contained her true feelings. The garden which they were strolling in which had been formerly full of bubbly laughter became silent and awkward.

“Ugh, I didn’t mean”
“No. Come with me” Jennette dragged the fidgeting Anthanasia as she dashed towards the vine covered gazebo. She brought out a handkerchief and sat Anthanasia down beside her while holding her cheeks. “Athy. I know you’re strong and independent and try your best not to show when you are hurting, that’s why every day I feel bad at how I’ve been behaving everyday being all cheerful and merry.

I’ve noticed ever since the poisoning incident you’ve been trying your best to behave and live for your own happiness, which is something I have only ever wished for you to do but if you want to be happy, you have to fully embrace your human desires.

I’m not trying to brag but its okay for you to abhor and be jealous of me. It’s okay if you decide to hate the emperor. It’s okay if you decide to break and smash things in an impulse of anger. It’s fine if you decide to abuse your power as a princess”
“B, but-
“I use these as examples because it would ACTUALLY be okay if you did them, but your heart is too kind for that. Nothing bad would happen if you wanted to burst out in tears at your pain and stress. If the rest of the world will hate you for being real with your emotions, just know I will be with you all the way, because I am your sister”
The warm comfort she had always wanted had been finally given and she felt happy inside and hurt when she fully understood her feelings and greed.

She really was too greedy, somehow she had forgotten the comfort gotten from her sister less than ten seconds ago and desired to receive fatherly love, the love which she had always hoped for in vain. Tears welled up in her eyes as she hugged Jennette and burst into a wild cry.

It felt like crying was all she had done these days when thinking about her family.

“It’s okay. You can cry louder if you want to, that’s why I brought you here” Jennette said gently as she caringly ran her fingers through Anthanasia’s yellow hair.

“H, hic, why has he always hated me?! I, always ever wanted a, a b, bit of his at, attention even if it was only once, th, then I could move on with my li, life, but he disliked me! Was it because m, my mother wasn’t a noble?! Does he hate that ‘lowly blood’ that’s in my veins, I think so. Always calling me ‘wench’ and ‘trash’. What did I ever do?! Is wanting to be loved by your father such a big crime! I also want to be loved!”

Each word Anthanasia said sent a sharp pain to Jennette’s heart at how her sister felt. Why did their father not like her Anthanasia, who was with him first? Was it really for the reason of that ‘lowly blood’?
If it was it, then…

Jennette clenched her left hand which held the handkerchief she used to wipe Anthanasia’s tears as she thought of their father’s behavior thus far. Her jeweled blue eyes shone angrily under her bangs as she consoled Anthanasia.

If it was the reason for her origin then she would never forgive him

While Jennette made her decision, Anthanasia’s eyes shook as she confessed her caged feelings.

So I still can’t let go of this.

“I also want to be loved” She repeated as a wry smile spread on her sobbing lips.