Chapter 31: Good Lady

"No matter what you do Princess, I'll be there to stand by you. Because I believe in you" -Lily

((______________))

Lilian watched Anthanasia leave the ruby palace with her destination being the Garnet palace which the Emperor resided in.

Lily was proud of the princess who had grown up and was a smart young lady.

After the princess was born, she had been hired as a maid in the ruby palace because the Emperor had killed all the other maids.

Initially almost everybody who worked in the ruby palace was reluctant because of the scary Emperor and the fact that the Princess which they would serve was ignored and practically forgotten by the Emperor.

But Lilian York was happy to serve Princess Anthanasia.

One day, before Lilian began working as a maid, while in the busy streets of Obelia she stopped to watch a show.

It was a group of dancers telling a story through dance moves. Then the person who seemed to have the leading role in the dance took a step forward. Lilian was dazzled at the sight of the woman.

Long locks of blonde hair and jeweled like red eyes. Each step she took was enchanting and graceful. The way she danced was enough to dazzle the crowd. She waa just like a fairy.

Everyone watched the beautiful dancer and her movements. Lilian watched her and immediately became a big fan.

So she sought out the identity of this fairy. After some time she came to learn that the  dancers name was Diana.

Lilian always came to Diana's performances. When she had been watching Diana's dances for a year something she didn't dream of happened.

"Hello" After one of her performances, Diana approached her. The fairy-like woman had noticed Lilian whenever she danced and came over to have a conversation wuth her.

Lilian was captivated by Diana's personality. She seemed to be kind and thoughtful.

After a few months since she spoke to Diana there was news of the Emperor of Obelia having a child with a dancer.

Later she learnt that the dancer was Diana.

Sadly after Diana gave birth she passed away. Lilian had cried that day but stopped he ears as it was supposed to be a joyous day in ehich her fairy had a child.

The situation of the ruby palace and the Emperor's feelings towards his child had spread throughout the whole of Obelia.

When Lilian heard about the little princess she decided to work at fhe palace as a maid despite the problems she may face.

Lady Diana's daughter was named Anthanasia. Which meant immortal.  

Who was Princess Anthanasia? She was smart. From a young age she had always been serious minded and diligent in everything she did.

On the outside she was deemed to be cold but Lilian knew behind that cold exterior the princess was kind and soft hearted. Quite unlike what people thought of her as.

She had given Lilian the nickname 'Lily' and she had come to care for the princess like her own daughter.

After all she had seen her grow up. Now the princess was sixteen. A lot had happened throughout her life.

The Emperor loathed her. Another princess named Jennette was introduced. She had been accused of poisoning Princess Jennette. She had been unconcious for two months.

The Emperor entered into a coma. And now Princess Anthanasia had taken over his duties.

So much had happened to Princess Anthanasia but even when in the face of danger she stil remained strong.

Lilian prayed for the Princess' happiness and peace. Sometimes she saw traces of Lady Diana in her except for their facial similarities.

The Princess was a good lady Lilian enjoyed serving.

Oh Lily! Have you seen a document I brought here? I forgot it here" The person who she was thinking about approached her.

"Your Highness?" Lilian turned around. Suprised to here Anthanasia's voice. "I can't believe you were looking at documents. You relax when you're eating your lunch" Lilian sighed at Anthanasia's continous acts.

The Princess was really working hard doing the Emperor's duties that she didn't even take breaks.

"I'll be done with all my duties by tomorrow. I've done a whole months work load" Lilian smiled after hearing Anthanasia.

She suddenly did what she hadn't done in a long time. She stretched out her hand and patted the Princess on her head. "Good job, Princess"

Though she was no longer a child, Anthanasia liked to be praised this way.

"Thank you...mother Lily"

Lillian was very touched by the Princess' words. A smile blossomed on her face as she hugged the Princess warmly.

'I hope you will have a happy life, Athy. I know Lady Diana would be proud of you' Lilain thought to herself.

___
Well this chapter was rushed. I'll edit it later when I'm not busy.

Right now everything is so peaceful and warm but they won't be like this for long. Chapter 32 will be an Ijekiel chapter. Chapter 33 a Jennette chapter. And Chapter 34 a...Lucas chapter!

But beware after those chapters things are going to take a real turn.

Thanks for reading and make sure to vote if it isn't too much trouble.