Chapter 30: Good Master

"Some people still search for happiness while it's in front of them" -Felix

((______________))

The garden was silent. The only sound was Felix's breathing as he laid in the green grass since Princess Anthanasia was having lunch and he had not much of an appetite and the cold breeze that blew.

Winter was near and he feared that the Emperor wouldn't wake up. He had tried being positive, but two months had already passed and he was still unconcious.

When Felix was younger, his mother had taken care of the young Emperor Claude who had just been a prince at that time.

Some times he was envious of Claude and thought that his mother didn't love him. But when he grew up he realised it was his mother's obligation.

Obligation. That word could define most of his life. He had an obligation as a knight. He had served the Emperor from a young age and was probably one of his closest aides.

Now who was Emperor Claude? From the time his mother had died Felix who hsd been closest to Claude understood that he was uninterested with about everything.

When he killed his older brother Anastacius and became Emperor it was all probably for revenge. Because after he became Emperor he just did his job not to good nor too bad.

It may not be seen by others but the expression on Claude's face had always been boredom ever since he became Emperor.

However, one day things changed. Felix had been searching for the Emperor who had secretly visited Obelia's market for an inspection.

When he finally found the Emperor he saw him staring at a woman. She was as beautiful as a fairy out of a story and very enchanting. Radiant blonde hair and bright pink eyes. Her name was Diana.

Felix knew how deeply the Emperor came to love Lady Diana. And for the first time in what seemed like forever, the Emperor...smiled.

His smile became larger the day news about Lady Diana's pregnancy came. But that news did not last for long because the child was eating away Lady Diana's life.

Lady Diana did not get rid of the child and after birth...she died.

The Emperor killed every single person in the ruby palace the day Lady Diana died after birth. He coldly turned away from the child and Felix followed after him. But amidst the bloody corpses, Felix's gaze rested on the quiet child who stopped crying.

It was a cute baby girl and Felix felt sympathy for the child and tried to reason with the Emperor.

"Your Majesty it is not good for you to act this way! And lady Diana just gave birth to a ch-

"Remember your place well, Felix Robanne" Felix realized he was just a knight who had no right to tell his master what ro do. There was a line he could not cross. This line was called obligation.

He could not show disrespect and become to informal. But...

"Felix, I see you as a friend" The words of Princess Anthanasia changed his way of thinking.

Who was Princess Anthanasia? She was the child who the Emperor had ignored her existence ever since her birth.

She was raised in the ruby palace and the Emperor never mentioned or acknowledged her existence till her debut.

The princess was a person who put her all in everything she did. It was done obviously to receive fatherly love but she was given none. Felix had pitied the princess and thought of her as a delicate and weak minded person.

Howver in the recent days after the Emperor had been in unconcious, Felix's perception about Anthanasia had drastically changed.

The princess didn't seem weak and delicate at all. In fact, she was just like his majesty. Yet at the same time they were very different.

In the past Felix had been serving as a knight with his head lowered towards his master. But Princess Anthanasia had given him great courage. And he felt like, he had found a new master he was willing to serve and for the first time in his life he disagreed with the Emperor in what he did.

"I hope you wake up soon your Majesty. So that you can make amends with the Princess" This was his sincere wish from the Emperor's most loyal knight.

Even if the Princess would draw a line with him in the future who was a hundred percent willing to serve her, because Felix believed she was a worthy master.

"Felix? You didn't have lunch?" Anthanasia who had finished lunch found Felix laying on the grass in the garden.

"I didn't have an appetite, Your Highness" Felix snapped out of his thoughts and answered the Princess then he was about to stand but Anthanasia gestured for him to continue resting.

"I'm just going to see Jennette. You can enjoy your rest" Felix laid back in the grass leisurely then continued his thinking.

Now unto Princess Jennette. She was the Princess favoured by the Emperor. The young girl had a cheery air around her and could bring a smile on anyone's face with her words.

Though she was naive had managed the Palace's internal affairs with the workers and the people that come and go. And she hwd done a fairly amazing job. But she had made it clear that she didn't want the throne.

So Felix looked ahead to a peaceful time as their would be no battle for the throne. But Felix didn't know that very soon, things wouldn't be the in the least 'peaceful'

But Felix took his time to enjoy this peace even though he didn't know it would soon be over. As wierd as it sounds, he was just happy that he had just discovered a new happiness.

____

This chapter was just based on Felix's current thoughts. The next two or three chapters will be other characters thoughts including Lily, Ijekiel, Jennette and of course Lucas.

I'm saving the best for last. And just a slight spoiler after their chapters there's something epic that's going to happen and I'll be introduci-, argh I can't spoil it anymore.

Anyways see you again sometime this week and stay tuned.