Chapter 15: That Wench

The days past peacefully, the poison case long forgotten as the two sisters grew closer by each passing day.

Learning more about each other and more about themselves. Engaging in activities the overjoyed Lily suggested.

The palace was looking brighter though people suspected Princess Anthanasia having ulterior motives as the nobles showed their distaste at such a serious act of treason being looked over.

However, Jennette and Anthanasia had no care for what other people said. They were happy with the way things were now.

Anthanasia wished things would stay the way they were. But deep down, she thought of this as a foolish desire.

And problems still weighed in Jennette’s mind, especially her last conversation with Ijekiel,

“Well, it’s a problem about Princess Anthanasia” He said gently as he sat on the chair she offered.

“What?! Did anything happen?? I just received a letter from her so it’s too absurd for something to have happened” Jennette entered a state of panic but Ijekiel reassured as he said there was nothing wrong with anybody.

“Your aunt has discussed with my father the concerns she has which are all very important. The letters she’s received these days prove her concerns aren’t all for naught.

I know you may not believe it, neither do I, from the little I’ve seen from the princess she doesn’t seem like someone with malicious intent, but other people don’t see it like that.

The society is gossiping about how they suspect Princess Anthanasia to be a witch as the Emperor who’s known to be mercilessly excused a case which is tantamount to treason.

If anything were to happen to you, everyone knows who will be arrested.

And the more you associate with Princess Anthanasia, your reputation could plummet as associating with a witch who is a dark magic user means you could be cursed for life and people against you might use this to their advantage”

Jennette believed that Anthanasia had no bad intentions. She knew she had no bad intentions.

Running behind a bush to hide, Anthanasia giggled as she thought of their childish game of hide and seek.

Doing her best to slow her breathing, she laid low on the ground and crouched down ready to scare Jennette when she came and make a run for.

A few minutes passed and Anthanasia quietly surveyed the area then fell backwards when she was scared by her shoulders being touched.

“Got you!” Jennette exclaimed between giggles before lying on the thick grass.

Coming out of her state of shock she too fell to the grass on her back.

“I feel like I’m six again” Jennette hummed happily.

“You are six” Anthanasia joked whole twirling her hair.

“Really, how come I wasn’t told?”

“The nurse who helped deliver you was living in a backwards time and was too prideful to admit her clock was wrong”

“Didn’t my mother know the year?”

“The nurse was Lucas and he was obviously too prideful to admit he doesn’t know how to tell time so he cast a spell on her making her see the future”

“I thought the nurse was a her”

“Lucas is a confused soul. The person is probably not sure of their gender”

“What did poor Lucas do to you?”

“Haha. A lot of things~

In the magician tower the black magician sat lazily eating by the window frame, abandoning all the paperwork he was supposed to take care of, when he broke into a sneezing fit which caused him to fall from the window.

A maid approached them, Rina was her name. “Princess Jennette, lunch is ready in the palace”

“Would you like you come, Athy?”

“No, thank you. I have to attend to some procrastinated documents”

“Turning more into Lucas, aren’t you”

“Haha. Never in a million years”

After a few minutes the place was left quiet as Jennette left Anthanasia. But it wasn’t left quiet for long.

The sound of someone’s heavy steps came closer when she looked up and saw red hair.

It was unexpected to see the emperor’s guard here.

“Your Highness, the Emperor requests your presence” Felix said as he looked at the confused girl in the grass.

“Um Jennette, just left. I think she went to the emerald palace”

The air became awkward as Felix stretched out his hand to help Anthanasia up.  But Anthanasia was vey confused by his gestures.

“The Emperor requests for you Princess Anthanasia”

“Huh?” She held the locks of her hair confirming if it was yellow not brown then titled her head and asked “Me?”

“Yes Your Highness”

But! I haven’t done anything wrong! Has he decided to finally throw me into the dungeons? I thought he had left the poisoning case.

Very scared and unsure, Anthanasia followed quietly and obediently to the Garnet Palace, just to be asked random questions like “What did you do today? Where did you go?”

If the Empire’s chocolate supply is missing it certainly isn’t my doing! I haven’t even competed my plan operations yet and haven’t decided on how to deal with the cargo.

After Anthanasia left the palace, the emperor sat down in deep thought then asked Felix a question. ‘What do you think about her?”

“She’s turning more and more into Lady Diana. She doesn’t look like the dull child she once was”

“That isn’t good on my part. She even looks exactly like that wench”

His absurd actions were hard to comprehend by Felix. What was his reason for this strange behavior? The way how he mumbled to himself all night was very…strange.