Chapter 44: Happy Ending?

The white void was silent as the scene ended.

Anthanasia felt strange seeing a vision were she was brutally killed by Claude. A single word couldn't leave her mouth.

She just continued to look down waiting for Anastacius to continue the scene.
.
.
.
Seeing Anthanasia being killed, Jennette immediately buried her face into her Fiancée's chest. This Fiancée was Ijekiel.

He hugged her while patting her head consolingly. Tears spilled on his clothes and he could hear the muffled sound of sniffling.

Jennette couldn't bare to watch Anthanasia being killed. Even though she was the person who had poisoned her she couldn't find it in her heart to hate Anthanasia.

After Anthanasia became lifeless, cheers erupted as everyone shouted that the wicked princess had finally been killed.

Claude walked past Anthanasia's body and went straight towards the palace, leaving his trusted knight to deal with everything.
.
.
.
Two months passed after Anthanasia's execution. Jennette's life went on perfectly after she had finished mourning Anthanasia.

She had been going to meet Ijekiel at a designated meeting place. Jennette was met with a beautiful sight of flowers and streamers decorated everywhere.

Ijekiel was there waiting for her. The moment she arrived, he went down on one knee and revealed a diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?" Ijekiel officially proposed.

Another two months passed and a grand wedding was held. Jennette and Ijekiel were officially joined as husband and wife in front of many esteemed guests.

Everything was perfect in Jennette's world. The fairytail wedding seemed to be a foresight to a happy ending.

The scene ended with Jennette and Ijekiel saying their marriage vows.
.
.
.
"So... Isn't that the end of this story?"

"That's how it looks like, but, the end is something quite unexpected" Anastacius said, and another scene began.
.
.
.
Jennette is in a carriage bearing the insignia of the Alpheus family. The carriage is large with a very grand exterior, befitting for the Duchess of Alpheus. She had gotten quite used to her new title.

Her diamond ring reflected the sunlight which seeped in through the carriage windows. It was a white diamond that she very much loved.

Suddenly the moving carriage hulted and she felt a jolt due to the sudden stop. Reaching for the curtains, she looked outside to see what had happened.

On the ground was a man lying unconscious. From the looks of things, he seemed to have been hit by the carriage. Her thoughts were correct as the coach man explained that the man had abruptly been crossing the road and accidentally been hit.

"Please put him in the carriage. I can't leave him here to die, when it was my carriage that hit him"

"Should we still go to the palace?" The coach man asked.

"Yes. There are many good healers there"
Jennette replied.

The coach man complied with her orders and put him in the carriage. People who had watched the scene praised the kindness of Jennette.

"She's such a good Duchess!"

"And a very lovely princess!"

.
.
.
The scene changed to Jennette being in Claude's office in the palace.

"I heard that today you picked up a man from the road"

"Oh... yes. My carriage had hit him and he fell unconscious. I couldn't possibly leave him there"

"Mhh"

Jennette took a long pause. "Daddy, I'd like to tell you something"

"What?"

"I'm now carrying Ijekiel's child"

Claude's eyes widened in surprise, then he looked up at Jennette. "You're pregnant?"

"Yep. You're going to be a grandfather"

The scene once again changed. This time to when Jennette and Claude were leaving his office, heading for the garden.

All of a sudden, Claude fell down, and held his forehead.

"Daddy!" Jennette bent to the ground to help the fallen Claude. In an attempt to help him up, a sudden shock went through her hands. An electric like feeling.

She tried to pull Claude up but he wasn't moving. Blood trickled down from his mouth and unto the floor.

Somebody approached the two fallen people slowly. Jennette turned around to  see who it was.

It was the man who she had been unconscious and had been hit by the carriage. Now he looked so well, standing on his two feet.

Jennette immediately felt that something was wrong. "Guards! Felix!"

No matter how much she called nobody answered. Except for her piercing shouts, the whole palace was dead silent, as if no life was in it.

"Everyone's asleep. So you can save your breath" As the man spoke, Jennette could see that his hair turned blonde and his eyes turned jeweled blue.

"Who are you?! What did you do everyone?!" Jennette then turned back to Claude. "Daddy! Wake up!"

"Jennette dear, that isn't your father. I am" The man said then kicked Claude in the ribs, sending him to the other side of the room, rolling there.

Jennette tried to hold Claude. She then stood up in order to run to him. But the man held her hand tightly and mad her to face him.

"Who are you?" Jennette said as tears brimmed in her eyes. Seeing the man up close, she felt that he looked familiar.

"I am your father. Anastacius de Alger Obelia"