Chapter 26: Forever Family

"If the rest of the world will hate you for being real with your emotions, just know I will be with you all the way, because I am your sister” -Jennette

                        ((______________))

Jennette slowly lost her grip on reality as her conciousness started fading away.

>>>>>>>>>
In a beautiful flower garden sat two girls who looked like angels that had just descended from the sky.

The first girl with brown hair and blue eyes, explained something to the girl with blonde hair.

"Jennette. Even if you are not my fathers daughter. You will forever be family to me. Even if you hid the truth from me, you will always remain dear to my heart" Anthanasia said as she embraced Jennette.

Jennette reciprocated the hug as tears formed at the side of her eyes.

She had always threaded the day she'd have to tell Anthanasia the truth about who she really was. It was a secret she had stumbled upon after her debut.

The truth that she wasn't the Emperors daughter. But instead, Emperor Anastacius' child born from black magic. How had she stumbled upon this secret? It was when she had met a magician named Lucas beside Princess Anthanasia.

Wait, who is Lucas? Oh, how could I forget'

"Sister, I haven't seen Lucas for a while. Where is he?" Jennette asked as she slowly left Anthanasia's embrace.

"Lucas? Who is that?" Anthanasia asked with her head tilted. "Anyways, Jennette. Let's go meet daddy!" Anthanasia said as she took Jennette's hand lovingly but Jennette retracted her hand from Anthanasia's hold before she stood up straight then stared at Anthanasia.

"Huh? Jennette, what's wrong? I said we should go meet daddy!" Anthanasia said enthusiastically but Jennette took a step backward.

"You're not Anthanasia" Jennette said shakingly.

"What do you mean?" Anthanasia sakd with a gentle smile.

"You are not Anthanasia. All of this. Isn't real" Jennette mumbled then she suddenly regained her missing memory. "Now I remember, I and Anthanasia were in the topaz palace!"

The sound of a glass shattering passed through her ears. Slowly the view of the flowery garden came crashing down as she found herself in a white void.

"Impossible! How were you not deceived by the illusion of the Topaz palace?" The voce from before questioned her.

Even though it was strange for there to be a voice without a body, she answered the question calmly "There are two reasons. Firstly, in the illusion,  Anthanasia said 'daddy'. Anthanasia has never refered to the Emperor as 'daddy' before, because she was uncomfortable with the word. Then secondly, I knew it was an illusion because Anthanasia trusted me. She trusted me to be strong enough"

"Impressive. The first person to wake up from the illusion of the Topaz palace is you" The voice said.

"And Anthanasia will be the second" Jennette said.

"You may have been lucky, but Anthanasia will be trapped forever" The voice replied to her.
.

"I believe in Anthanasia"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The scenery in the garden was picturesque. The air was serene as Anthanasia's giggles grew louder.

At the moment, she felt very happy beside her mother and father, but something felt wrong. Something was nagging at the back og her head. She had continuously felt like she was forgetting something, but what?

The maid with red hair and grey eyes came over to with a tray of chocolate which she munched down contentedly.

In the process of eating, she had a discussion with her parents. However, it was mostly their flow of praises for her.

"Our Athy is so cute!" Her mother said excitedly.

That is why I love our Athy" Her father said as he once again hugged her. "My dear daughter"

Anthanasia returned the hug, and in the process, her eyes landed on her wrist which wore a purple string bracelet.

It seemed plain and not something fit for a princess, but she couldn't take her eyes off it. She left her fathers embrace then stared at the bracelet with concentration.

Then suddenly voices started to echo through her head.

"Princess. I believe in you. Ever since you were little, I have watched you grow into the strong young woman you have become today" The image of a woman with blue eyes and brown hair appeared in her mind.

Anthanasia concentrated and did her best to remember the thing she was forgetting.

"I look forward to being a closer friend with your Highness” A boy with white hair and golden eyes.

"I shall trust Your Highness. As being called your friend is the greatest honour for me" A knight with red hair and grey eyes.

  "If the rest of the world will hate you for being real with your emotions, just know I will be with you all the way, because I am your sister” A girl  with brown hair and jeweled blue eyes.

"It's not the Emperor I'm worried about! I'm worried about you, you dummy!" A boy with black hair and red eyes.

How could she have forgotten all of these precious people. She recalled the bracelet she had bought with Lily and shared everyone.

Anthanasia stood up from the picnic blanket then smiled to her 'mother' and 'father' then said "Sorry, but I have to go meet my family"

"Athy, what do you mean!" Her mother exclaimed.

"I’m your father!" Her father said gently.

"I'm going to meet my real family. The people who have stood by me. The people who are my family forever" Anthanasia said as she smiled gently.

'Lily, Ijekiel, Felix, Jennette and Lucas'

"But first, I’m going to save the Emperor"

_______
Thanks for reading. Well I'd like to say 2 things;

First, there are 15 more chapters before the end of this fanfic.

Second, I recently published a 'The way to protect the female leads brother' fanfic.

Its titled 'After She Protected the Female Leads Brother' I hope you can check it out on my profile and tell me what you think.