Chapter 25: Fading Away

"I will never forget anyone dear to me" -Anthanasia

                         ((______________))

Anthanasia walked to the gates of the Topaz palace then turned around at the call of her name.

"Anthanasia!" Jennette came running to her with her brown hair scattered in the wind. She was panting heavily. A sign that she had been running.

"Jennette?"

"I'm.  Coming.  With you." Jennette said as she regained her breath.

"But it's dangerous" Anthanasia'a stated.

"That's exactly why I’m coming with you. I said I want to help you. So please. Let me help you" Jennette said as she took Anthanasia's hand.

"I know you want to help but once you enter the Topaz palace you will be made to forget your reality. You could be trapped in the illusion of your desire forever!"

"My only desire is to be with you as your sister. To be apart of a real family"

"But you're already my sister" Anthanasia said.

Jennette looked down to the ground then smiled gently. "After we leave the palace.  There's something I'd like to tell you. The truth of who I really am"

"I told you its dangerous"

"And I'm telling you to trust me. That's what Felix said you told him. Lillian, Felix, Ijekiel and Lucas. Even me. We have put our trust in you to never forget us, no matter what magic spell is casted on you. So I ask you to trust me" Jennette said resolutely.

Anthanasia hugged Jennette warmly then spoke quietly. "Thank you for always standing by my side, sister"

Jennette returned the hug then said back "Thank you for accepting me as your sister"

They walked closer to the palace gate, hand-in-hand. Anthanasia put in the key at the gate then turned it.

Crr. The magnificent topaz gate opened slowly and the two walked in. Immediately they entered and the gate closed by itself.

They walked down a path adorned with topaz then suddenly the palace became dark and Anthanasia felt her hold on Jennette disappear.

"Jennette?" Her call was met with silence as an eerie wind blew.

"Anthanasia De Alger Obelia" A loud voice resonated in the darkness as suddenly a light surrounded her.

She was in a white void which consisted of her and the white walls. But she could hear a loud voice coming from an unknown source. "Do you wish to continue into the Topaz palace of past and secrets to find the a relic to cure the Emperor?"

Anthanasia thought for a second then answered back to the voice. "Yes"

"Very well. Not just anyone is allowed to feel the power of the Topaz palace so now you shall be put to the test. Prepare to leave your reality"

It was just as Lucas had said. Once you enter the Topaz palace you will be trapped in the illusion of your greatest desire, away from your reality.

"I'm ready" At her words she felt herself lose consciousness as darkness engulfed her.

She slowly lost herself in the darkness and her all her memories started fading away.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The maids skilfully did her hair as she sat in front of the mirror, feeling as if she had forgotten something.

"Lily what just happened?" Anthanasia asked turning towards the group of maids but seeing no 'Lily' among them. "Where's Lily?" She asked the maids who looked back at her with confused expressions.

"Your Highness if I may ask. Who is this 'Lily' you speak of?" A maid with red hair and grey eyes asked.

'She reminds me of Felix. Who is this Felix? And who was the 'Lily' person I was talking about?'

"Your Highness, His Majesty and Her Majesty requests your attendance at their tea party"

Immediately Anthanasia stopped thinking about the people who popped up into her mind and immediately scurried through the open doors.

Her eyes met the beautiful scenery of the garden from the hallways and joy engulfed her mind as she saw the figure of two people.

It was a man with blonde hair and jewelled blue eyes standing beside a woman with blonde hair and light red eyes.

She immediately ran towards them and gave them hug "Mum! Dad!" She squealed as she entered their embrace.

.
"Yes Anthanasia. We are your family" Her mother said gently but with emphasis on the word 'family'

'But were is Jennette? Wait, who is Jennette, again?'

"And we love you, Anthanasia. I love you, my dear daughter" Her father Claude said lovingly.

Tears slowly gathered at her eyes as she embraced them further. With his words she completely forgot about the people who flashed though her mind.

She was content with the love she received from her parents but at the back of her mind she felt something.

It was if she was forgetting something very important.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In the empty white void, the unconscious body of Anthanasia floated in the air.

A  voice spoke in the empty void. "No matter who the person is, they can never escape the illusion of the Topaz palace. Princess Anthanasia is bound to be trapped in here forever.
It was foolish of her thinking she could stay strong in the face of her own desire unravelling before her. Now let me see  the other one"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jennette had been walking with Anthanasia holding her hand then she suddenly felt Anthanasia's hold loosen.

She turned around in the darkness calling Anthanasia's name, with hopes of locating her.

"Princess Jennette De Alger Obelia" Jennette turned around at the call of her name.

"Do you wish to continue into the Topaz palace of past and secrets to find the a relic to cure the Emperor?"

Jennette went into thought as she recalled the information Lucas gave her.

"Anthanasia is going into the Topaz palace were only those with Imperial Blood can use the magic.
She going to question the palace on how to cure the Emperor"

"How will she 'question' the palace?"

"Gee, do I need to explain everything to you Chimera. If you make it you'll understand. Anyways, if she's lucky enough she'll find a relic which can cure the Emperor.

But the palace is dangerous because once you enter you will be pushed away from your reality. All your memories will disappear.

And you'll be trapped by being content with the illusion of your greatest desire"

After recalling his words she answered carefully. "Yes"

"Very well. Not just anyone is allowed to feel the power of the Topaz palace so now you shall be put to the test. Prepare to leave your reality"

At that moment Jennette felt all her memories slowly fading away.