Chapter 39: Fell In Love

"He loved me not because I was pretty. But because my heart was" -Diana
((______________))

Penelope continued the game of playing the two princes while Rosalina stood by and watched.

Making Prince Claude fall for her was an obvious fail so she just watched the drama.

Prince Claude had become friends with Penelope.

The relationship with Penelope, Crown Prince Anastacius and Prince Claude went on for four years.

Four years after Penelope had been playing Prince Claude who was her Fiancée had gone by.

And the day that Count Margareta received news about Penelope's pregnancy for Anastacius came like a shock.

"You brought a love child into your home the moment your wife died. I'm no more a part of the Margareta family. I'll be answering my mother's surname"

Rosalina learnt a shocking secret the day Penelope's pregnancy had gotten out.

Apparently, Rosalina wasn't a daughter of the Countess who was the Count's only wife.

Instead, she was a daughter of some lowly mistress.

It began to make sense why Penelope had always been cold towards her father and sister.

As a little child Penelope had been aware of her environment.

Before her mother, the Countess died, she had not given birth to any child.

And one day, when Penelope was eight years old she had stumbled across the secret.

Count Margareta had tried to maintain the clean image of a docile man.

It was from that day that the Margareta family began to fall apart.

Coldly, Penelope cut of the relationship between her and her family members.

"It's Penelope Judith to you, Count" With these words and her luggage, she left for the imperial palace with a carriage sent by Anastacius.

Count Margareta felt confused, sad and a bit angered.

Rosalina was also shocked by the fact that she was a love child. An illegitimate child.

She had always insulted children born from mistresses. Often called them bastards.

And ironically she was one.

>>>>
Prince Claude was heart broken upon hearing the news of Penelope's pregnancy.

A few months ago Anastacius had been crowned the Emperor.

So even if Prince Claude wanted to fight against Anastacius for Penelope, it would be impossible as Anastacius was now the ruler of the great Obelian Empire.

He was far more powerful than Claude. Besides Penelope loved Anastacius.

Or maybe she loved his title and power.

After a few weeks, Prince Claude seemed to have gotten over it.

Rosalina wanted to investigate what was happening so she left for the palace.

Getting out of the Margareta mansion was easy now that it was in a bit of mayhem.

Her day was already planned out. She would follow Prince Claude around to see what he was going to do.

Would he take revenge on Penelope and the Margareta family? Society had noticed the engagement between Prince Claude and Margareta, so it

Penelope had cut off ties with them so maybe he would not.

Rosalina had thought that Prince Claude would be very heart broken so she was surprised about his relationship with a dancer.

At first, Rosalina thought it was a little trist that noble men usually involved themselves in.

However the relationship with Prince Claude and the dancer continued to develop.

After investigating she found out that the dancers name was Diana.

One day Rosalina saw Prince Claude and the dancer together in the palace.

She witnessed a very shocking sight; Prince Claude was smiling brightly and cheerfully having a conversation with Diana.

He gazed lovingly at Diana as he spoke. It was obvious that he had fell in love with Diana.

Prince Claude was just usually polite with Penelope, he didn't love her.

But his feelings for Diana were obvious.

Rosalina looked at the blonde haired dancer with envy.

She had been jealous of Penelope from time to time because of her beauty.

But Diana was stunning.

Her ruby red eyes looked gentle but were filled with a toughness. Troughs of her blonde hair flowed down her back. Her movements were graceful even though she was a commoner. It was probably owed to her skills and experience in dancing.

There was once a time Rosalina confronted Diana.

"Aren't you shameless selling yourself to Prince Claude?"

Diana looked at Rosalina calmly then replied. "And aren't you shameless always stalking Prince Claude? You're always watching when His Highness and I are together"

Rosalina immediately became embarrassed but still attacked Diana. "That doesn't remove the fact that you sell your body!"

"I don't have the time to argue with a stupid person. I am a very decent person. I don't know about your lifestyle that makes you think that it's my body that His Highness wants.

The next time you waste my time like this, noble lady or not, I will beat you to the ground!" Diana warned.