Chapter 32: Good Princess

"I have always wanted to live up to your expectations. But now I realize I can't as long as I’m alive" -Ijekiel

((______________))

Ijekiel stared out of the window of the mansion. He wondered what could could be happening in the imperial palace.

Ever since he supported Princess Anthanasia, his father had put his trial as the young Duke on hold and was also prohibited from going out of the Alpheus manor.

However he didn't regret his decision.

For so long he had lived in his father's shadow. Trying to be just like him and perfect. However Ijekiel now had the confidence to be himself.

Encouragement from Jennette along with her recent change in being more prudent made him more open minded. And seeing Princess Anthanasia take care of Empire affairs so splendidly despite the fact the Emperor had always loathed her since her birth.

So couldn't he too manage the responsibility of being Duke Alpheus?

Just as he was thinking about the recent days two people suddenly appeared before him.

"Shhh"

"It's us" A hand was clamped over his mouth and he was taken behind a curtain.

"Lucas teleported us here"

"Yeah. After we begged him for a whole day"

He grasped the situation and looked back and forth between the people who had just crossed his mind.

It had been a week since he had seen their jeweled eyes up close. Whilst dodging the eyes of servants he took them to a room were they could speak undetected "What are the princess' doing suddenly coming here?"

Ijekiel was truly surprised. It wasn't the first time  that they had visited him with the use of teleportation by Lucas, however they were currently in charge of the imperial palace that with almost no time to spare.

"Well Athy finished all the matters as Emperor proxy. Isn't she amazing?" Jennette didn't waste time in praising Anthanasia. In truth Anthanasia did deserve the praise.

After hearing so Ijekiel was befuddled because it really was amazing. Princess Anthanasia really was a good princess.

She was smart and kind. Everything she did proved that she would be a good ruler.

Jennette also had her good qualities. She was loyal and brave enough to leave her comfort zone. Quite unlike him.

He was still struggling to fully go against his father. It was natural that he wanted the recognition of the only parent that was alive.

But when he saw Anthanasia do her best despite being loathed by her father he felt ashamed of himself.

"You flatter me too much. Anyways, how are you Sir Alpheus?"

"It's okay to call me by my name"

"Yeah. Ijekiel is part of our family now!"

Ijekiel chuckled lightly then froze upon a sudden realization.

"What?" He asked looking at the two princesses.

Jennette and Anthanasia didn't understand why he had a confused expression on his face.

"Huh?" Anthanasia asked trying to understand.

"Family. I'm part of your family?" Ijekiel was stunned by the sudden thought.

Jennette and Anthanasia looked at Ijekiel than at each other. After that they both pulled him into a hug.

"Of course!" Jennette squealed.

"I know how it feels to want a family, Ijekiel" Anthanasia said gently.

"And now we're your family. But beware I am a handful"

At this moment he couldn't describe the wave of emotions he felt. All his life he had tried to reach his father's goal in order to feel the warmth of a family. He barely remembered his mother and had never known warmth.

And now he realized there was already an amazing family here for him.

_______

So this chapter was rushed. I'll edit it later. I can't believe I haven't updated for over a MONTH now. Well schools been keeping me busy and I’m now in the 9th grade.

I've also been working on my original story titled 'Being the Duke's Temporary Fiancée'.  Check it out if you have the time.

Hopefully, I'll be able to update faster like before.

I'm really happy with the support readers have been showing through votes and comments :) I really used to think that this story was really cruddy (I still kinda do) but now I have a bit more confidence in my work.

A shoutout to all the new readers! And all the old ones! You're all amazing. Thanks.