Chapter 52- Updated

"Argh!" I grunt as I was thrown against the dirt again.

I hit my head hard and my eyes widened at the harsh contact. It's like something snapped inside as I came to full realisation.

"Y/n!"

I heard liams voice from that night

"You lied to me!"

His evil stare, full of hatred haunted me.

"T-Thank you..."

Everything I was suppressing about his murder has suddenly started to break through.

"That one hurt" I grumbled to Toby trying to act calm.

"It's supposed to hurt" toby laughed as he offered his hand "otherwise, how can you learn?" He pulled me up to my feet and I dusted yourself off.

"Getting your ass kicked again I see?" Masky mentioned, his arms folded watching the scene

"She's improved a lot" Toby informed "she can stay off the ground a lot longer now, I reckon she could take you on one day"

"Me?" Masky scoffed "no amount of training from this waffle will help you beat me"

"Don't underestimate her strength and definitely do not underestimate my teaching" Toby challenged.

"I'll await the day" he remarked smugly as he walked away

"Why don't you take a break? We've been practicing for a while" Toby suggested

"Okay" I give a small smile playing off my pain. 

"Have a drink and rest up, we'll start again in an hour"

"Thank you"  I sigh tiredly as I head inside.

I went into the living room and sat next to Masky, I rest my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes as all I could think about was the bloody knife in my hand with Liam collapsed in front of me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked annoyed

"Shh" I hushed him "I'm tired Masky..." I muttered "I actually killed Liam"

"The blood isn't on your hands. It was self defence" he told me "it was his life or yours"

"But it doesn't change the fact that I killed him..."

"You protected yourself, you did what you had to with what you had..."

"I'm a hypocrite" I tell him feeling more panicked.

"No" he disagreed "what's brought this on all of a sudden? I thought you were feeling better about it"

I lean up straight and look up at him weakly.
"I need to go" I tell him quickly heading outside.

"You okay?" Toby asked as I walked away not acknowledging him "break only just started"

"I can't" I muttered as he followed me.

"Why what's happening?"

"It's sinking in...I mean it's actually real! what I did!" I come to a stop as my breathing begins to uneven and I start to freakout "when I hit my head sparring with you it's as if I was pulled out of my ignorance of his death!"

"Y-Y/n.."

"everything with Jane and- and  my hallucinations made me forget but-"

"Y/n, c-calm down it's okay" toby attempted to comfort me "we've all been through the same thing it's okay"

"No!" I cry pulling away before he could place his hand on me. "I'm going insane! I'm having hallucinations of myself as if it's a way to cope! I've been having sexual fantasies about some of the others as a way to repress my guilt! I've been using this whole Jane situation as a distraction when In reality my life was in danger! But the truth is Toby I'm a horrible person! I took someone's life away!"

"J-Just-" Toby couldn't get a word in as my panic wasn't planning on settling.

"What do I do?" I grab his shoulders "how do I make it stop?"

He didn't reply, he only looked at me through his goggles with guilt.

"You can't. You've just got to get used to it"

"Really?" I ask confused "that's all you've done when dealing with this?"

"Pretty much" he shrugged as if it was normal "of course it didn't take me long I was pretty keen on what I knew I wanted" he folded his arms nonchalantly.

"I don't know how to do that though" I tell him truthfully

"That's why I'm here" he assured with a smile "I'll help you through everything"

"Thank you toby" I couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief.

"So these...fantasies..." he began breaking the silence and I tensed up at the mention of it
"...it's okay but try not to bring them to life...I struggle with impulsiveness more than you know and it may not help like you think...what you need...has to come from you...not them"

"I can't believe I said that aloud" I muttered walking away

"It's okay, it'll stay between us, everyone does these things" he huffed with a small laugh as he caught up to me "so...who have they been about?"

"I'm not telling!" I scoff in disbelief, my mind has once again been taken off what had been haunting me.

Once we got back I stood outside of the house and I turned to Toby
"Thanks for helping me clear my head, I needed it"

"Always" he assured with a smile "we'll call training quits today, I'll make a snack?"

"Sure" I laughed as I followed him into the house

———

The smell of cooking waffles faintly emitted from downstairs as I knocked on maskys door. I entered to see him sitting on his bed, one ankle crossed over the other, leaning against his propped up pillows as he inspected his crowbar

"Hey..." I greet him quietly

"Hey" he greeted back in his usual tone.

"I'm sorry about leaving so suddenly earlier"

"It's okay" he muttered as he didn't look up from his weapon.

Masky was my comfort bubble. If I needed to feel safe or assured I would always turn to him.
I would either talk to him, hug him or lay on him like I have before.
Masky has grown used to this type of behaviour from me and just accepts it like it's apart of his daily routine. He's learned not to fight it and after almost losing me once he didn't want to risk it again. Even if he was in denial.

I crawled onto his bed and as a natural reaction he casually held out his arm as I laid on his chest, his outstretched arm now resting around me.

"You feel better now?" He asked as he looked back at the crowbar in his other hand that was resting on his lap.

"Yeah thanks to Toby" I show mu gratitude "it was good to let it out"

"Toby huh?" He asked as he placed his weapon on the floor leaning against his bedside table.

"Mhm" I mumbled tiredly. Both of his arms protectively wrap around me as I curl up against his warmth.

"Food will be done soon..." I mentioned drowsily "you coming eat?"

"Nah" he brushed it off "I'm going take a nap...and by the looks of it you need one too"

———

Toby POV

Toby had finished making his waffles but Y/n hadn't come back down. He went up looking for her and saw maskys door was slightly ajar. He peered in to see a sight that he'd never thought he'd see.
Y/n was asleep in maskys bed, she slept on the left as Masky slept on the right. Both of them were facing towards the left.

He didn't realise how his heart was a little broken but he was also excited, something like this has never happened in the house before.
He disappeared and came back with a plate of waffles and placed them on the bed stand on Y/n's side of the bed.

He removed his mouth guard and placed a comforting kiss on her forehead, he left the room not knowing that the man sleeping next to her saw the whole thing though his mask, he snaked his arm around her sleeping figure and pull her closer.