Chapter 54- Updated

Slenderman had left and I was all alone again. I  decided not to confront Lui. He didn't need to know that I knew.
My own dad tried to kill me...but why? It hurts that Liu killed him but I wouldn't be here today and he could've attacked Nathan and my grandparents...

I heard someone sit next to me and it was hoodie.
"I found masky" he told me with his monotone voice.

"Oh" I muttered whilst I wiped my remaining tears. "Do you know why he was mad?"

He inhaled taking a breath and letting it go steadily, I saw his breath going through his mask and travel into the cold air.
"I don't. Usually he would tell me but this time he was stubborn, it's best we just let him get on with it"

"You're like slendermans right hand man aren't you?" I ask.

"Mhm why?" He turned his head to me

"Well" I place my hands between my thighs for warmth "I found out my dad was killed...by Liu and I guess thats why he became my friend in the first place... I don't want to lose my friendship with him or any of you so I'm keeping it to myself...but I feel so...I feel so heavy...but empty...and slenderman..."

"What?" Hoodie calmly urged me on.

"He offered me to be like you"

"What?" He questioned with slight shock, it was the most emotion I've ever heard in his tone "what did you say?"

"I told him I'd think about it...but I don't think I'm actually going to do it...it's not who I am"

"He doesn't just ask anyone this... he can see it. Whether it's now or ten years...if your parents dying... your teacher...Liam... or meeting us wasn't your reason to become like us then I'm not looking forward to the trauma that will"

"Yeah" I huff "me neither. I bet £10 it'll be another death that does it"

"Are you really making a joke right now?" He questioned

"If I don't laugh hoodie I'll cry" I shrugged.

"Alright, I'll take that action" he agreed on the bet and we shook hands "you're welcome anytime...you know that right?"

"Yeah" I nod. The wind picked up making the air more chilled, I fold my arms and hug myself hoping to stay warm.

"When I first got here...I hated it...I hated every second of it" I couldn't help but smile "I was scared of every step I took and every word I spoke. Every time I looked at one of you I thought if this was going to be the last person I see before they come and strike me down. Liu wasn't the person I thought he was...but he pulled me out into his path to save me...you guys only went along with it for him but now you actually choose to save me because you want too..."

"So what's your point?"

"I'm saying...now I'm glad I have your friendship...because I don't want to leave...I may not be one of you...but I still feel like I'm better off here than I would be anywhere else with anyone else...despite how much we all hated it at first...maybe it was for the better we crossed paths...and I have Liu to thank for that... maybe it's all working out the way it's supposed too" I confess

We both sat in silence for a moment.

"You speak to much" hoodie mumbled as he stood up

"I didn't have the name miss chatterbox when I was a kid for nothing" I joked as I stood up with him "but thank you for listening to me ramble, it was nice... you're very level headed"

"I gotta be" he tells me as the wind started to pick up "come on I'll take you home..."

"You're not going to tell Liu that you know that I know right?" I ask him as we begin to walk together.