Chapter 23- Updated

"Ben...why am I here?" I turn to him nervously as we stood outside of the house.

"To thank the guys for saving you the other day" he tells me as he placed his hands on his hips with a grin.

"I told you I can't face anyone after what happened"

"Luckily for you all of them are out, for now it's only Masky that's in so you can find the others another time" he smiles

"Masky? Starting off big are we..."
Ben let out a chuckle in response.

"Come on, I'll be with you so nothing bad will happen" he goes up opening the door gesturing for me to enter.
I hesitantly step inside and I take in the familiar scent of the living room as I look around.

"Now to find out where he is..." Ben looked around "MASKY?!" He screamed

"Jesus Ben" I flinch at his volume

"What?!" We heard a distant response from Masky

"Ah, he's in the basement" Ben ran into the kitchen and grabbed a few drinks and snacks putting them in a bag, he went to the door of the basement and threw the bag down the stairs. Ben proceeded to look at you "well in you go"

"Ben wait!" I panicked as he started pushing you "what if he doesn't even want to be bothered? And what was with throwing food down there?!"

"You'll be fine!" He pushed me inside as the door slammed shut behind me.

"Ben!" I whispered loudly trying to open the door but it wouldn't budge.

"Y/n?" I heard a low, annoyed voice call out from the bottom of the stairs. I turn around and see Masky holding a bag with a few packets of snacks that fell out on the way down littered on the floor around him  "what are you doing here?"

"Trust me im asking myself the same thing" I turn back to the door "BEN!" I bang on it with desperation.

"Sorry guys I need to go join the others!" He spoke through the door "won't be back for a day or two, I'll make sure EJ is the first one back so he can be next Y/n!" After that I hear his footsteps grow distant as maskys grew closer to me, he rushed to the door making me move back down a few steps.

"Ben you asshole!" He pounded on the door "that son of a bitch is gone" he gritted

"So what we're trapped now?"

"It appears that way" he went back down the stairs making me follow behind him.

"Aren't you going to try break it down or anything?" I ask him

"No. That door is the strongest one in the house, and for good reasons" he gestured to the chains on the wall that he was once restrained with

"Oh...Incase they break" I mutter

"Stops us from escaping...we need to be fully restricted as much as possible with little movement for the effect to go off quicker...but we've had incidents of the door being broken in our early days...even if I used a gun it still wouldn't make a dent"

Masky sat down on the bottom step as I sat on one a bit further up the stairs keeping my distance.
"So why are you here?" He spoke up

"Ben brought me here...to thank you"

"Thank me?" He repeated

"For saving me"

"No. It's EJ and Toby you should be thanking, I didn't do anything"

"You took me home when they went after the bad guys" I remind him "you could've ran with them and left me there"

"They only saved you because the guys were planning on sexually abusing you, if they were going to kill you it'd be a different story and we'd move on"

"Really?" I question, his tone of voice didn't make him sound so sure of what he was saying.

"Well I would, I don't know about the others, they've gotten softer these days it's hard to tell"

"You guys seem to really be against sexual abuse and rape...yet you still murder and commit unforgivable crimes...for some reason it's like you're holding a grudge against me and you hate me so much, why?"

Masky pulled out a little box that contained his cigarettes, he took one out tossing the box on the step next to him as he flicked out his lighter
"The thing is" he lit the cigarette "there is a lot of us...many unique characters living in different parts of the country and even across the world" he shoved his lighter back in his pocket "there's this one little girl we're close with...lives in a different part of this country with a few others"

"A...little girl?" I raise my brow.

"Her name is Sally" his tone for the first time sounded genuine with sadness and slight anger that he felt towards himself.
"She was raped...but not killed...she was scarred for life...when she saw slender man, she was the first child he decided not to feast on"

"Oh my god..." I place your hands over my mouth shocked as I absorbed his words.

"...if this world can turn a little girl into something like us, you gotta question how fucked up it really is...we've been scarred ourselves...many of us in many different ways..."
he inhaled and puffed out the smoke.
"and for the hating you part, that just comes naturally"

"But why?" I ask him feeling hurt "I get that you guys don't like me but at least the others are trying, you just straight up attack me even if I haven't done anything wrong"

"But that's the thing, you do everything wrong!" He snapped "your voice, your body language, your actions, even just your fucking face! It makes me feel sick and I fucking hate it!" He stood up stomping up the stairs towards me, I lean back as he crawled over me, placing his hands above my shoulders on the cold stone, he held himself above me trapping me beneath him. "Everything about you offends me. Especially the way you always run to Liu. The fact that you can't even defend yourself. How were the ones that are to protect you when our real purpose is to kill!" His muffled voice raised through his mask "you come in judging our way of life! A NORMIE like you, disagreeing with the way we live"

"I'm trying to get used to it, I tried my best for all of you" I shuffled under his figure

"Then your best isn't good enough" his voice was low again, rough and threatening "you have no right to be here. When Jack let's us out you walk away and you don't stay here another second you got it?" He got up standing in front of me as I continued to lean back, I felt scared to move.

"But I thought-"

"What? You thought what?" He urged me on

"I thought maybe at least we were beginning to be on good terms"

"Good terms? You? And me?!" He laughed "I was FORCED to protect you Y/n! Don't get attached to people like us! Especially me! We'll let you down real quick!"

"You don't only care for yourself" I muttered "you care for them too...and the little girl"

"Because we're the same... you are not one of us"