Chapter 29- Updated

Jeff PoV

Jeff sat on the edge of the bed where Y/n was peacefully sleeping. Masky's jacket still clung to her frame as she kept her hold on it tight.

"Why are you so much trouble?" He gritted taking in the sight.
He thought back to the first night she had arrived, thinking about the conversation they had in the kitchen word for word.
He was sure to tuck the covers over her keeping her warm as he headed downstairs to the others.

"What a sick bastard! He did that?!" Ben yelled angrily.

"He's dead" Masky spoke bluntly standing in front of Ben stopping him from moving to the door "I killed him"

"Gibbs was my job" Jeff commented as he reached the group hearing the conversation "but at least he's dealt with" he placed his hands in his pockets.

"I shouldn't have left her so soon" hoodie sighed leaning against the wall conflicted. 

"It's not your fault" EJ assured.

"Liu is going to be pissed when he gets back" Ben sighed "poor Y/n"

"I think we can all agree that maybe we should stop being so harsh to her now" Toby spoke up "It's- It's obvious that if she was in any trouble we'd willingly help her yes?"

"He's right" Ben nodded "I think we should convince slender to let her stay if she'd like"

"Are you serious?" Hoodie stood up straight

"What else do you expect?" Ej countered "what choice do we have? It's obvious our lives are going to keep getting intertwined and after what happened I'm sure she'll want to stay here again, especially since we're ALL going to treat her as an equal now" he spoke sternly looking at everyone in the room

"I already did" Ben rolled his eyes as he nudged Toby with his elbow causing a frown from him.

"TIM!" A voice boomed through the house as the door violently swung open. Liu stormed in grabbing Masky by the collar of his shirt.

"Masky I swear!" Liu yelled "if you hurt her again I told you-"

"Stop it liu!" Hoodie warned grabbing his wrist tearing it from maskys shirt "he's done nothing wrong"

"Yeah for once" Jeff commented. Liu grew angrier for his friends safety but a small voice spoke up causing him to stop all movement as all eyes landed on her.

Reader PoV

"Please stop it" I tell Liu as I hold onto maskys jacket, despite me wearing a new fresh set of clothes. Liu immediately walked over to me carefully wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"I'm glad you're okay" he let out a sigh of relief

"And we have Masky to thank for that" I inform him with a small smile.

"You really saved her?" He asked in slight disbelief

"Mhm" he nodded

"Shit...I'm sorry man" he let out a genuine apology.

"It's understandable, I wasn't the biggest fan of her for a while" he shrugged "but he was a sick bastard and he needed to be dealt with"

"Naturally" Liu placed his hand on maskys shoulder, squeezing in a way to express his gratitude. Masky nodded and all eyes were back on me.

"I guess I should be on my way, thank you for helping me" I express my gratitude as I hand masky back his jacket.

"No actually" Ej spoke up causing both me and Liu to look at him confused. "I mean if you want to, you can stay here again"

"Really?" I ask surprised

"I just talked to the boss" hoodie began
'But he was just standing there doing again again...it's so strange...'
" and he agrees, as long as you want too"

"But my grandparents-"

"Are safe" hoodie continued "I can make it so they believe you're living here for good now and we'll consider you one of us"

"The body is gone, the windows are fixed and you'll never see Gibbs again and no one will suspect a thing" Toby informed adjusting his goggles, his soft eyes smirking between them.

"Guys..." Liu murmured

"Of course you're not literally one of us" Toby mentioned "but we're going to do our best to get used to having you around"

"I guess we have to now since Masky saved you" Jeff suggested in a joking tone.

"Why..." Liu mentioned confused "what's with the sudden change of heart?"

"she's been through enough" Masky stated after witnessing the event that happened first hand with me "it's weird having a normie to rely on us but at least I have some entertainment throughout my days now, they were getting repeatedly boring anyway"

"You guys really mean it? That's how you feel?" I ask them unable to believe it

"We wouldn't be saying it otherwise" Jeff shrugged

"I killed without being assigned to for the first time but I didn't go into a frenzy... there's something about you" Masky sighed as he zipped up his jacket and tucked his hands in his pockets

"Y/n...do you want to stay with us?" Liu turned back to you. I stood thinking looking at all of these unique men in front of me.

'Do they really mean it? They're actually willing to try and have me here?'

"Yeah sure" I stuttered with a small smile "of course I will, If you really want me too"

"Atta girl!" Ben praised as he sling his arm around my shoulders.

"But there's one problem" I mentioned nervously

"What?" Liu asked as all the guys looked at me.

"Liam" I took a nervous deep breath. "I'm sorry hoodie you were right earlier"

The others seemed confused as me and hoodie exchanged a glance.

"This kid is seriously getting on my nerves" hoodie sighed in annoyance.