chapter 7

finally able to update ty for 3k reads despite the fact i am the slowest writer to ever exist!
reiner is not a titan in this btw in case of any confusion ??!
~~~

I stood tightly next to Eren shivering in the cool breeze, Reiner stood the other side of him and I grinded my teeth together in frustration,

Why would the Captain put me with him?

My gaze fell onto Reiner and my blood began to boil and my fists begin to slowly close in anger, I only remembered where I was when I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and a deep voice grazing along the back of my neck,

'Keep it together, L/N.'

I gasped shortly and Eren snickered at my reaction and we both stood in now a more relaxed silence.

The separate groups headed out on the many horses along the plains filled with low grass and.. Titans. The heavy patter of hooves became quieter as each group strayed further from the center formation. Levi stormed ahead leading the group and we followed taking down Titan after Titan.

I knew I needed to prove myself, no matter how good friends I became with someone even like Eren- I could feel him acting as if he's stepping on eggshells around me, treating me as if I knew less and god, it sucked. I also felt as though, I had to be careful, like if i tried to hard it wouldn't be the same anymore. I couldn't satisfy myself or anyone for that matter.

We flew high in the air, performing spin after spin and strike after strike towards the great beasts. The clanking of swords came to nothing more than a distant sound after the bloodshed cleared and the area was Titan free.

We reformed with the rest of the group and I felt Levi's dark eyes already burning into my back and the insecurities overwhelmed me.

God i need to control my emotions.

'What?!' I whipped my head around to face Levi and then continued to hoist myself upon to my horse with ease.

'Nothing. You didn't fight like usual. You were messy and you held back.' The captain spoke bluntly and he got his point across,

'Sorry Sir.'

'I don't want an apology L/N,I need to see results, you're simply just not good enough.'

He said the exact phrase Reiner had done that very same week. I turned around slowly on my horse and faced my Captain, I was hurt. Proving myself was becoming a fucking nightmare.

I took a deep breath and shrugged my shoulders, Levi slightly raised an eyebrow and I flicked the reins on my horse and rode ahead, Eren and Reiner in close pursuit.

I was not about to let a man like that ruin my day.

Eren and I headed back to the courtyard and headquarters and we saw the other groups filing in. The Captain wasn't anywhere in sight.

'Oi, you!' I heard a voice behind me, I froze in my shoes and sighed turning my body around,

'Yeah, you.' The voice was Reiner he stood infront of me and I rolled my eyes, folding my arms tightly across my chest,

'You heard the Captain, you heard me, Y/N. Not good enough, you're not are you? You thought you could embarrass me? Don't even fucking try anything.'

I sighed but before a comeback could escape my lips his large hands clasped around my throat,

'I'm just giving you what you gave me.' He growled under his breath, I heard a few yells from my comrades but no one came to
my aid just yet.

My adrenaline kicked in, my hand reached into my pocket and I felt around before I found a small blade, I whipped it out and I quickly grazed it along the top of Reiner's hand just enough to let blood escape and him step back and wince in pain.

I held the blade tightly in my hands and I looked at him in the eyes, fear seeped into his skin and I cocked my head to the side,

'You screwed up again, I said I wanted to finish you off didn't I?' I launched my body weight at him and he fell with a solid clunk onto the stone a crowd gathered around me as I tackled him.

We fought and fought and I stayed on top pressing my knee slowly into his stomach. I took the blade in my hand and drew it down to the twat's neck, I held my hand completely still and Reiner's eyes panicked,

'You wouldn't.' He said his eyes sharply trained on the dagger,

'Wanna bet?' I smiled, I wasn't sure if I would, genuinely. Emotions are the most powerful thing.

I held my position for a few more seconds before everything became a blur of colours.

My own head hit the floor and an array of colours and faces slid across my vision. I felt my skin being pulled and my eyes lolled back into focus.

My head was against the concrete and the Captain had a firm grasp of my jaw in his hands. He grabbed my tightly, I could smell his aroma, he stayed only inches away from me until Reiner had lifted himself to his feet.

Levi yanked me up and I winced his slender hands stayed firmly around my jaw and he spoke in a deep tone,

'You better have a good fucking reason.'

I gulped and my eyes stung slightly, he grabbed both sides of my shirt and pulled my up to a standing position, I felt my cheeks almost flush but quickly suppressed my emotions and headed over to my comrades in a sombre mood. Levi stood talking to Reiner while turning and pointing to me every so often.

'Your neck is bruised, Y/N/N, how do you feel?' Historia asked gently,

'I'm fine, stop worrying.' I sighed deeply and stood completely still, she picked up my hand gently and held it in hers to keep me comfortable. It was a small gesture but nothing felt better than the comfort of a friend.

'Y/N. Come here.'

____

this story low-key slow burn because i have nooo ideas so i just keep writing about other poeple