chapter 1

> few notes before i start

>y/n x levi

>i don't own any part of aot apart from original ideas in this ff

>does not follow aot timeline

﹋﹋﹋﹋

I looked at my reflection in the mirror I adjusted my collar to the left and tightened my hair. I brushed my shirt down, checking I looked appropriate.

I never usually would care about what I looked like but, I was meeting with the commander about an 'important' matter. I double checked myself before leaving the small bathroom and exiting into the long hallway.

I walked down the corridors; my feet quickened with each step and I felt sweat build on my hand. I was so nervous, it was probably nothing but I couldn't stop questioning everything.

I passed a few other cadets in the hallways, smiling slightly as they looked towards me. I turned the corner into a smaller, quieter corridor where the Commander's office was.

I knocked on the door a few times before stepping back, I heard a voice from inside and I slowly pushed open the door.

The room was a rectangle with a desk at the end of the room and two armchairs beside it, the shelves were patterned with random books and objects Erwin must've collected over his time as Commander.

I stood at the door and looked up at the Commander who was stood strongly behind his desk, to his left sat an excited looking Hanji, they beamed at me. Being one of my closer friends Hanji had already told me that this meeting was nothing to worry about- I guess that calmed me a little.

I never get anxious over things like this, but Erwin is one of the few people that I am genuinely scared of.

In the corner of the room, leaning against one of the walls was an uptight looking man. He had dark hair that hung over his piercing grey eyes, his posture was perfect, he eyed me slowly before looking away only a moment later.

I recognised him, but I had rarely seen him around the barracks. I studied his face for a second before looking over to Erwin and bowing my head.

He cleared his throat and offered me the armchair that was in front of his desk, I nodded and sat down, being careful to stay professional and not sink into the comfort of the chair.

'Y/N. It's good to see you, I have some matters I am eager to discuss with you,' He slightly smiled, his expression was much softer than I had expected closer up. I looked over to Hanji quickly and they nodded supportively.

'You have been excelling in your training, you are far above the Cadets in your group, we have made the collective decision to move you up into Captain Levi's section.'

My eyes traced across the room and set on the bored looking man in the corner, so that's Levi-'Humanity's greatest soldier.'

My gaze fixed on him for a second, I couldn't help but admit to myself that he was attractive, I guess now I understand the rumours I heard flying around about the Captain being 'handsome.' However, his attitude immediately put me off, he rolled his eyes to himself and muttered under his breath the second his eyes met mine. He clearly though quite highly of himself and I couldn't look at him a second longer.

My train of thought was quickly broken and I turned back to face the commander, he spoke again,

'Training with your new group will start at usual time, you will be introduced to your new comrades by Captain Levi. I'm sure you'll fit in fine. Head down to breakfast tomorrow and you can acquaint yourself with them all.' Erwin gestured towards the Captain, I let out a small sigh and nodded my head hesitantly,