chapter 16

(thanku for all the supportive comments ive just read them all,  sorry for any continuity issues it's been a while since i updated! <3 )

——-

previously: you and levi were being intimate when the bell for freetime interrupted you and he suddenly went cold

——-

I left his room and slammed the door without hesitation, why is he pretending we didn't almost fuck?

God, it seemed like the best idea just all of 10 minutes ago and now, I feel like it was one big mistake; that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it all again though.

I headed down the long corridors down into the canteen. The weather was bleak so I assumed my friends would be inside. Eren looked up at me as soon as I walked in, I waved and smiled, Mikasa saw me and also smiled ever so slightly.

I grabbed another apple off of the counter next to me. My hand instinctively reached onto to my neck and I could feel where Levi's lips where such a short time ago. I slipped into a seat next to Mikasa and sat quietly.

I was conscious of the marks he left but I hoped that no one would notice.

'Hey, Y/N, where the hell have you been? What more does Levi have to say to you?' Eren gasped as soon as I sat down, as if he'd been bursting to talk.

'Yeah, he just wanted to make sure I was clear on the rules again, he's extra when it comes to these things Eren.' I laughed as if to brush my lie off.

Mikasa was looking me up and down as if she knew something was up but she didn't mention it, thankfully.

Armin handed me some bread rolls and I thanked him, I was completely drained of energy. I had only eaten one full meal the past few days and I was really starting to feel the drainage.

'Levi seems to hate you yet, he never really punishes you, does he?' Eren speculated with a puzzled expression. Before I could answer, our gazed turned to the door on the other side of our table.

'Speak of the devil.' Mikasa muttered as she looked across the room to see Captain Levi enter, I waited for him to glance in my direction, or in our direction but, he didn't. He continued forward and poured himself some tea before sitting down with Hanji.

I couldn't help but let it sting a little, I wished it didn't bother me, I really did.

'Well, I'd say spending most of my lunch breaks alone or doing work with him is punishment enough' I raised my eyebrow and smirked a little, Eren chuckled and Armin seemed a little concerned but, he still laughed.

We continued talking until we were told to head outside again for the rest of training. We headed out towards the courtyard as a group, Jean was tailing behind Mikasa, searching for a conversation he could have with her.

Just before we got to the doors, I split off to the side a little, I don't think I could handle seeing Levi, hearing his voice.

I leant against a stone wall near the doors to the courtyard where I was out of sight and my eyes closed shut for a brief moment, a moment of peace, a moment to myself. Only the distant chattering of voices and a gush of wind rattling the doors could be heard. Calm at last. I inhaled deeply but before I could exhale my back was suddenly pushed up against the wall.

A hand slithered around my waist and a small gasp escaped my lips.

FUCK.

'Don't mention what we did to anyone, and just, be quiet, Cadet.' Levi spoke slowly, and quietly, my lip quivered. I could feel his breath close to me, I could feel his gaze scratching my eyes. I rolled my eyes and shoved him away from me.

'Is that it? Is that all you're going to say?' I felt a burning feeling in the pit of my stomach, running up to my chest. The air around us felt heavier and so did my breathing.

'You could at least thank me.' I said aggressively while continuing yanking myself out of his grip,

A confused expression crossed his face, he adjusted his posture after I shoved him away.
'Thank you for what?' He kept his eyes focused on me, awaiting my response.

'For a fucking great morning, shame you'll never get it again.' I had a new found confidence brewing inside of me, spawning out of anger.

He was silent for a moment.

'Mhm.' He almost chuckled.

He raised his eyebrow and looked me up and down, a slight smirk appearing on his face, his every second of eye contact was teasing me, his eyes even dared to drift over the marks he had left on my neck. He let his hand brush slowly past my waist again and then he let go and turned towards the doors, he knew what he was doing.

His confidence, egotistical attitude and smugness was vile. Vile.

'Join the others, Cadet.'

I felt inexplicable rage, everything he said always, always, always fucking felt like a sting from a bee. I didn't want to do what he said, yet, I had no choice!

I reluctantly walked forward and joined the end of the line of my friends.

I avoided the Captain's eye contact at all costs, also being careful to keep my collar high on my neck as not to create unnecessary attention.

Today we were learning about the names of the parts in the ODM gear and how to assemble one; I really don't care for it. Levi kept everyone's attention for the whole hour somehow until finally, another bell rang and it was time to have freetime again.

Everyone slowly filtered indoors until it was only Eren and I left to go in, he turned to me and smiled weakly,

'I feel like we've barely spoken this week, do you want to hang out for a bit?' He said it with an unexpected assuring tone in his voice. I wasn't expecting such an offer from him, however I accepted politely.

I felt like someone else was still around looking at us but, I scanned the area and no one was there, I brushed it off and gestured for Eren to start leading the way.