chapter 19

previously: you and eren spent dinner on the roof together and levi confronted you, clearly jealous. you kissed him again and then you left to go back to your dorm. Christa was there and noticed the marks on your neck, left by Levi.

——————-

'I know you and Eren spent some time together on the roof, and-' she paused and looked at my neck,

'Oh my God.' She gasped,

My hand instinctively clasped the marks.

'Is it Eren?' She began to laugh and sat down eagerly next to me on my bed,

I insisted they were from my fight with Reiner but, she kept giggling and attempted to stifle her laughter with a hand over her mouth.

'Eren himself even asked me about the marks, Christa!' She had already made up her mind.

'Did he ask you while he had his mouth around your neck?'

I looked at her in shock, speechless at her remark. She raised her eyebrows and still smiling smugly to herself, she walked over to her bed.

'No- I swear, I didn't-'

'I'll just pretend I never saw anything. Goodnight,Y/N,' She blew out her candle, and pulled the covers up on her body, she was amused by my whole situation. I decided to give up my attempts to persuade her.
'Goodnight.' I sighed and smiled at her.

———

a week later

———

After a day of intense training, I walked slowly, my joints in pain, making my way to the canteen. Eren grabbed my arm softly and pulled me aside, I felt a sense of relief.

'Want to see the sunset again?' He seemed to whisper excitedly,

With reluctance, I nodded and smiled.

He held out his hand and I hesitated before grabbing it. We were closer to the roof this time so we walked at a slower pace. His hands were warm and I felt a sense of comfort as our shoulders brushed past one another. We finally reached the stairs and opened the door onto the roof. Light poured onto our faces and we were instantly surrounded by a purple-pink haze.

'Shit,' I took in my surroundings, it really was good view up here.

Eren sat himself down on the tiles and I perched next to him, tucking my knees towards my chest. He rested and hand on my knee and we sat in silence, watching the world go by.

'Did I make it weird?' He said all of a sudden.

'What?' I replied, offering a gentle smile.

'Between us.'

I looked at him blankly, I didn't want to jump to a conclusion. He sighed,

'Taking you up here, kissing you somewhat, I don't know. Is it weird?' He seemed frustrated with himself, I placed my hand on top of his,

I didn't know what we were or what he was trying to make us.

'It's not weird, I promise' I said, a hint of uncertainty behind my tone.

He was unfazed.

'Good.' He nodded.

We spoke intermittently, sometimes for long stretches, sometimes short, and after what felt like forever passed we finally rose from the tiles.

The sky was dark and the only light sources were from the deep glow within the building and the millions of stars splattered across the sky. Eren's hand leant on my waist, his face slowly inched towards my own, his lips only millimetres from mine. My heart skipped a beat; I'm pretty sure his wasn't beating anymore. He placed his lips on mine and we kissed. I felt his warm breath and red flushed his cheek. We both pulled apart his hand slipped from my waist to my hips. A sense of guilt washed over me.

He broke the silence,

'My God, it's 11:20.' He looked at his watch nervously and we both burst out laughing, without thinking we grasped eachother's hands and began to run down the stairs and down the corridors, whispering hurriedly as we went.

'I don't want us to get caught, you should go that way and I'll go this way.' He grinned and I watched as he made his way down the hallway before I could say anything. I don't know why he chose that way, it led about as far away from the dorms as you can get.

I made my way down each stone corridor, each one as dim as last and I stared at my feet as I walked briskly. My pace came to an immediate halt.

I felt a presence stating at me, a few steps away.

shit

'Bit late for you, isn't it, L/N?'