21- friendship bracelets

im doing my best rn to update each and everyone  of my fics since some of them havent been touched in an entire mONTH

so, here you are

(sorry for taking so long)

---------------------

"...and then, we'll have to target Sardinia next, since i have unfinished business there. though, we'll have to take into account that there may be interferences every now and again, especially from a new friend of mine." i muttered to fugo, weaving a few beads onto a long black string.

the blonde turned to face the corner, making eye contact with a familiar head of black hair that tucked himself between the crossing walls. "is... is that the friend you were talking about?"

i had also turned to face jacklyn, lightly giggling at the sight of the corset he wore, adorned with little skulls and bells in what i imagined was a memento to me. yes, im self-absorbed, screw off.

"yeah, just dont stare at him for too long or he'll think you want to fight." 

fugo sharply looked away with a frightened expression, facing the table scattered with beads i used to make a bracelet with. "r-right... so, (y-"

my eyes snapped without a sound, staring into the mobster with what i assumed was a menacing glare-- seeing as how he shut up mid-sentence. "you want to continue that sentence?"

"i mean- morte, i just wanted to apologize for what happened. i take responsibility for your scars, and the pain you endured, and pray that you'll forgive me after all of this time has passed."

"you couldn't finish me off, and this is the consequence. dont tell me you're starting to regret it, panna~!" i chuckled, tying the end of the string i held.

"no! im rather relieved you're alive, actually. ive been having night terrors since that day i had to, y'know...but it brings me both peace and anguish knowing you're still here, sitting in front of me, mocking my existence."

i thought we were talking about ways to fuck up his friends, why the hell is this a topic. "mocking you? im sure im not saying 'blah blah blah, my name is fugo, and i got a brain thicker than Nicki Minaj's ass, hur-dur-durrr!' am i?"

"thats not-"

shut the fuck up. literally just shut the fuck up. im the funniest person alive. im peak comedy. "silence, wench. i finished your friendship bracelet."

rather proud of myself as if i were a two year old presenting a dead bug to my parents, i held up a string of purple and white beads, the initials 'FP' carved into letter blocks at their end. on the ends of the string sat a bell, one of my own, dangling helplessly and acting like both a tracker and spy device to listen to his conversations. 

"why the hell would you make me a bracelet?" he grunted, snatching it from my hand with a suspicious expression.

"cause you're my best friend? duhh!" i lied. my bestie is actually diavolo, you cretin.

rightfully skeptical, fugo tied the bracelet along his wrist with a bit of my help, shaking his hand a bit to hear a jingle arise from my bell. perhaps he concluded that it meant no harm, and served no purpose other than to justify my childishness, since he shifted his attention to my ringing phone with wide eyes.

i swear to fucking god, if this is who i think it is-

'incoming call: doppio'

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.