28- remorse unfound

(feeling generous, so i merged two chapters and put it into one!)

i'm going to kill doppio.

its undisputable. there's no argument, or way out of it. 

my pride would be damaged if i were ever to back out of such a commitment. 

i've had this goal since the start, im not going to give it up now...

but in order to achieve it, i need to find a way to separate diavolo from doppio as soon as possible. yes, diavolo has already guaranteed that the little twink would be mine to toy with once all is said and done, but i have a feeling i'm going to need to kill him immediately.

why, some ask, do i feel that way?

because my heart is wavering.

"what now, morte?" jacklyn whimpered, pressed against a wall.

not too long ago, narancia let out his stand and released fire onto where we were hiding, forcing us to run as far as possible from where he was, but not too far that fugo would be released from [Little Dark Age]s ability.

thankfully, no one had seen me without my mask in the alley i had mista done in, so i can probably play my trick a few more times before i get caught... though, that giorno may prove to be a problem.

he hasn't the slightest clue as to who i am, which means we wont hesitate to attack, or let his guard drop for even a moment. if anything, he may grow immediately suspicious if he were to see me, and most likely become hostile.

yes, he may be a very difficult foe, and miscalculation i hadn't taken into account.

but miscalculations can be fixed with a bit of thinking, and adjusting, can't they? so, what to do...

"morte, we need to start moving again." jacklyn mumbled, sucking in his breath again.

our current game plan was to breath for only a moment, then hold our breath as we traveled somewhere else-- that way narancia cant find a linear correlation between our movements, and cant predict where we are.

as i ran along side my accomplice, i began to think back to all the possible things that could get the group separated. with them being on high alert due to mistas death and my- well, mortes appearance, its most likely they wont fall for any bait anytime soon.  i doubt anyone would go off on their own after mistas death.

hmm, let's say that i do change back to my 'original' body and catch the attention of two persons, would i be able to attack them both and succeed?

i suppose that would depend on who i would attract. fugo wouldnt come near me if jacklyn still has a hold on him, and both abbacchio and mista are dead... which leaves narancia, bucciarati, the bosses daughter, and giorno.

using deductive reasoning, i can only assume that if i were to appear, then both narancia and bucciarati would be the ones to engage. giorno, as aforementioned, would be far too cautious, and the girl hasn't a clue, nor a care, as to who i am or what her friends would be doing, since i assume she trusts they're going after what they think is an enemy.

and i am an enemy, though its not like they know that.

fugo would be left behind with the two, hopefully still under jacklyns control, which-- ah.

i've got an idea; one of the best i've had.

"jacklyn," i coughed, running by his side, "i have a plan. when i disappear, and two or so members of the gang leave to come find me, i want you to have fugo use his stand on those left behind."