25- love for a customer, mafioso, & hopeless romantic

so because i love yall so much, i'll say that we have 5 chapters left

...which is now 4 with this chapter

anyways bestie lets get to reading-

(lots of dialogue this chapter, sorry of some things dont make sense, or if the atmosphere feels empty)

----------

when i was beaten half to death by bucciaratis crew, i couldn't help but feel like a bird; freshly shot down by a hunter and getting torn apart by his dogs. like a bird, i'd done nothing to wrong them, but there i was, ripped like meat at a butchers shop for no good reason...

i choked on blood, and flapped my wings,

choked on blood, and flapped my wings,

and then i fell in love.

did i even realize it?

or was this really not what i was feeling? what if im only trying to desperately hold onto an emotion that can still cement my humanity in this sinful body?

perhaps im not in love, and im mistaking all of this, all of this static in my head and fluttering in my heart, for my... urges.

there doppio lay, pressed against my chest and sleeping like a child, as i still ponder all of these feelings with a conscious mind. i wonder, i truly do wonder, could someone like me ever have chance at redemption?

no, no! i've done nothing wrong! why do i need redemption? i did what i did for alessia, because she asked me to. i cleaned up the streets of italy, and put order back into place, however slightly.

all of this for a girl that isnt alive to appreciate my work. what a sorry thing i am...

breaking me from my ongoing thoughts, doppio shifted in his sleep, the arm he had recently layed on my chest crawling up to hug me by my neck. dont you see, these are the things that confuse me! my stomach did that thing again, where it twisted and felt like electricity was pulsing through it! 

it's been so long since i was truly happy to offer myself to someone as their lover, but is that what im feeling now? do i really think i can be open and true with this child of a man, who fears the monster i am with the mask on? can he accept me as both (y/n), and morte?

maybe not... he does seem to have some distaste for my alternate identity. though, i think i could probably keep it a secret from him if i play everything right...

no, i shouldn't get ahead of myself. for now, i need to focus on manifesting [Killing Me Softly], else i may soon actually go blind. there's no telling when these leeches will try to eat out my cornea, leaving me to stumble around like a blind bat.

it's been so long, can i really summon my old stand? every time i tried to bring a stand out, it's always been [Mr. Fear], but maybe that's because i was counting on its presence and not the others...

making sure to move as little as possible in order to not wake doppio, i attempted to manifest [Killing Me Softly] the same way i made it first appear--  thinking of my disdain for brunos group.

at first, nothing happened, which made enough sense to me. i never expected this to be easy.

second try, i just about burst a blood vessel from the strain of it all; though i could feel its arms slowly start to peel off of my body.

and so, with this development, i continued, filling hate into my soul and letting it manifest into what's let me commit murder so easily for all of these years-- however, it never made much more progress than getting one arm free. i cant tell if this is the work of [Mr. Fear]s tentacles holding it back, or whether it just simply wont move.