13- meet your maker, meet the baker

"twenty minutes." i sighed. "i waited twenty minutes for cargo pants, a black turtleneck, masquerade mask, and a large brimmed hat similar to my own. which of those do you think ill actually wear."

cioccolata, in all his disgusting, minimal glory, stood before me and dropped the mentioned outfit onto my lap. "most likely just the mask and hat. i wasnt sure if you would like the pants and shirt, but you have to compromise for flexibility for your 'missions'."

"and by missions, you mean my killing?"

"yes, for killing and for your job to protect bucciaratis team!"

oh shit, i totally forgot about that! i have no clue where they are now, and italy is too big to just assume where they might be! i was only able to locate cruella because i knew she would be in a bar, but without context, i have no clue where bucciarati and the others might be.
 huffing, i snatched the outfit off my lap and shakily stood up, [Mr. Fear] manifesting to give me support as one of its leeches slithered under my skin and to my ankle.

sucking air through my teeth sharply, i felt my ankle suddenly pop, the leech wrapping around it in a tentacle like fashion and giving my bone the support it really needed that the wrap on my foot couldnt provide. cioccolata merely looked at my stand with wide eyes, the same stupid grin on his face as before. "my oh my, so this is what your stand looks like! what does it do? how do you kill?"

"you may know who i am and what i do," i growled, testing my foot by stepping on it a bit, "but you have no business in knowing how i do it and what i do to get my results. i must only mention that, since you are my partner, you are not to touch my bells. understood?"

"of course! but why? sentimental reasons? ability reasons?"

unfortunately for him, he has no clue that [Mr. Fear] isnt bound to the bells, and can in fact attack from any shadow. however, i just need him to believe that my stand can only come from bells, just so im safe. "it doesnt matter, please leave the room so i may change. ill be gone before you come back in, and i need you to cover for me if anyone asks for my whereabouts."

cioccolata stumbled out of the room, a small shake of the hand dismissing my statement. "of course, dearie. take care, and come back unharmed or doppio will get suspicious."

and then, he was gone, the door quietly bolted shut and his footsteps disappearing down the hall and leaving me to wonder if i made the right choice in giving cioccolata information on me. though, it matters not, for i need to catch up with bucciarati and the others to make sure no one dies by someone other than my hand.

slinking off my shirt and bottoms with the help of my stand, i quickly stumbled into the cargo pants and slipped on the turtleneck, tucking one into the other and fastening everything in place with a belt, a holster attached to it that held my bells and a pistol. everything was set and ready to go, though i was a bit uneasy about the masquerade mask. 

it may have covered the entire face with cute little black designs on it, but the ribbon seemed like it may snap easily if im not careful. however, once i strapped it onto my head, [Mr. Fear]s ink-like tendrils broke through my skin on my neck and latched onto the mask, gluing it to my head and hiding my hair.

my first reaction was to scream from the pain and fear that was induced by my own stand shooting out of my skin, but if i did that, then the men in the house would get suspicious and flock to my location.
or-! i just had a splendid idea! if i were to scream, then disappear, then they would all assume i had been taken by morte! that would definitely excuse my absence, since ive already said that they were threatening me and my bakery! its genius!