16- jacklyn the fanboy

already annoyed, i turned to my left to find a very... interesting looking person. 

unlike my original assumption, the voice i had heard was not, in fact, doppios. instead, a bubbly, curious young man sat in the corner of the cab i stationed yourself in, staring at me with hazel eyes that i was close to plucking out for ruining my break time.

he wore thick cargo pants and heavy boots with belt buckles, corset ties wrapped around his waist and giving him the ideal figure. complimenting the short black hair that was tied into a lazy bun, the man had a warm undertone tint, black fingerless hugging his hands. he looked like a heavy metal reject, to be brief.

"morte! oh my god, i feel like i might pass out!" the man squealed, making me cringe at how strange he sounded. "oh my goodness, i know its you! its gotta be you!"

i had no damn idea who this kid was. "im sorry, who are you?"

"im jacklyn! youre, like, my idol! always coming in to protect your love at any moment they find themselves in peril!"

"love? i dont have a romantic interest in anyone, my friend." i hummed, slowly scooting toward the exit. 

jacklyn shot up from his seat and sprinted towards me, falling on top of the long chair i sat on and sharing the space i'd rather have for myself. "yes you do~! that pink haired man, i know you like him! there's no other reason as to why you'd follow him around so much, obviously!"

please, if you keep talking, im just gonna go take a nap on the roof. "you say you know who i am, but clearly you dont know what i do, kid."

he tapped the side of my mask, instantly making my grow anxious and uncomfortable. i have no problem killing this kid in this train car, but he's acting too nosy, so he may be a stand user. "i know exactly what you do, which is why im saying that you like him! you normally kill your targets within a two-week span at most, but its been three!"

"i could just be putting it off."

"morte never puts off a good kill!"

"maybe im saving him for something."

"but youre not! you wouldve used him by now!"

"well, kid, ill have you know that im forced to work along side him, which means that i cant kill him at all. thats why im taking so long, so scram."

jacklyn gave me a toothy grin, pulling out a pendulum from his back pocket. "not yet! i wanna show you what i can do! ive seen you in action, making some weird black whips and swinging all around italy! i managed to follow you here with this because it told me we were the same!"

yeah, im gonna go take a nap on the roof and hope i end up like prosciutto. "kid, listen, thats great but you should really mind your business. i dont care if your damn crystal on a dollar store chain told us we were the same, im a serial killer, and youre a wannabe punk. get lost."

as i got up to leave the cab, the sound of a menacing hum rumbled in my chest, my head forced to turn around out of curiosity in search of the source. in front of me, staring into my soul, was a person tied in a black straitjacket that used belt buckles to hold the fabric close, balancing themselves on a black unicycle using two two long black boots. the thing had light purple skin and allowed the pendulum jacklyn was holding earlier to drape out of its mouth like a tongue. 

on top of its head sat a black captains hat, which covered its eyes completely. pins in different shapes were tacked around the base, ranging from little silver knives to an eyeball. its lips were painted black, and it reeked of eucalyptus, almost making me gag from how prominent the stench was in the room. "this is my friend, little dark age!" jacklyn chirped.  "its able to turn whatever its pendulum strikes into its own functioning puppet! for example, if it were to shoot its little purple 'crystal on a dollar store chain' at a man one cab over, he would be forced to do whatever i wish! it works best on people by themselves, as all it takes to get out of its ability is to pull the pendulum off of you."