Goodbyes

Kurapikas Pov

the red-headed boy had avoided eye contact over the questions I had asked as though he were hiding something I observed his reactions to my questions for a little while longer but no answer came from him, so maybe he did know something.

"Yoru" I called out he turned back to me trying his best to maintain his composure.

though if there was anything I knew from during the times we spoke during the hunter's exam it was that the young boy wasn't quite a good liar often using "luck" as his go-to excuse.

"Kurapika-san," the boy said suddenly.

"I can't quite explain things as of right now but I promise ill give you a proper explanation in YorkNew can you keep it a secret from the others?" his eyes finally met mine.

a sigh escaped your lips as you looked down towards the boy.

"it's fine, though I do expect an explanation" I responded relief could be seen on the young boy and I simply patted his head in response a small smile crept up on my face

back to 3rd person

timeskip

The train continued forward the group located in a train car 3 seats faced towards each other with the two of the young boys engaged in a conversation Gon talking about how he would get Hisoka back something that seemed to be nothing but background noise for Yoru. The reincarnators mind had drifted off, his curiosity peaked now that he was finally on his way to Netero.

'the ability to absorb nen huh' he thought as he stated downwards at his palm.

"Kurapika" Killua loudly said

"what were you and Yoru talking about" Killua bluntly said.

"I was just wondering what type of training he would be getting since he wasn't following you guys" the blonde calmly responded

"you're not coming with us?!" Killua asked in surprise.

"No I'll be going with Netero" the redhead calmly responded. His conversation with Kurapika had ended up with him spilling the beans about Netero. Friendships were based on trust after all.

"the Oldman?! You chose to go with that old creep over us" Killua feigned being hurt peeking over to see Yoru's reaction.

"Yeah" a short and simple response from a person who usually wasn't so quiet his eyes unfocused and lost in thought.

"just don't die" Killua added after seeing no reaction from the boy.

"huh," the orange-eyed boy responded pulled out of thoughts by Killuas sudden seriousness.

"during the hunter's exam, you killed for the first time and had the worst experience out of all of us.

"you're my friend and I don't want you to die so be careful," the white-haired boy said his face turned away from him.

"Yeah, I agree with Killua, If your in trouble just know that we'll be there for you. Besides if you die you won't get to introduce me to kito" Gon said energetically.

Yoru turned over to Kurapika who simply gave a soft smile then towards Leorio who simply nodded.

"no 'oi gaki' from Leorio that's a surprise" Yoru instigated.

"oi gak- that's not the point where trying to make you feel better Leorio yelled standing up from his spot.

"I was just joking" Yoru replied turning head side to side

"I'd advise you don't take things like that from him seriously he's just saying it because it gets under your skin and you react the way you just did" Kurapika stated

"tch I know" Leorio muttered under his breath leaning back against the train couch

A smile crept up his face to the point that it was difficult to hide, this was going to be his new life.

"thanks" he responded to their words, the white-haired boy turned over towards him and smiled.

"were you even paying attention?" Killua quickly broke the mood his gaze not breaking away from mine

"we'll all meet up at York New in half a year right, September 1st to be exact" Yoru responded the white-haired boy seemed shocked that Yoru knew but quickly regained his composure.

"That's the basics of it anyway," he said relaxing back into his chair.

Timeskip

"I suppose this is where we depart" Kurapika stated calmly

"huh your going," Gon said surprised

"I have to find a patron to hire me as a hunter" Kurapika responded

"same goes with me, I may be a hunter but that doesn't mean I've given up on my dreams on med school, if I make it I can use this hunter pass to pay for the ridiculously expensive fee but it looks like it'll be time to start cramming things," Leorio said brightly

"mn good luck" Gon replied with his usual enthusiasm

"just don't botch the entrance exam" Yoru responded just for shits and giggles

"oi gak-"  

"Leorio--" Kurapika interrupted

 "he's doing it on purpose" the blonde scolded him.

Time skip

"till we meet again" Leorio began

"and that'll be in" Kurapika added

"on September first in YorkNew City," the 5 of them finished the sentence

Kurapika and Leorio going their separate ways leaving the three boys alone.

"soooo... I guess this is where I say bye to you guys for a little while" the reincarnator said avoiding eye contact with the two

"if you want to go with us nothings stopping you" Killua loudly said.

"shut up" Yoru calmly responded.

"ill see you guys later ok?" the boy said his eyes wandered from Gon who smiled to Killua.

"Yeah, good luck with your training" Gon said with his usual enthusiasm

"yeah yeah" Killua blatantly said and with that, he left

soon out of view to the two boys.

short chapter but I'm excited for the next one

ill try to stop dragging things out :)