Zevil island

Yoru exited the 4th phase, still somewhat avoiding the group he planned to keep to himself during this stage as well, he still wasn't sure quite what to do, his time with Kite had helped him make better decisions but he want quite keen on interrupting canon. He was certainly going to have no choice but to do so but as things where it wasn't quite his place. The announcer seemingly excited explained where the fourth phase was to be held.

"I will need you to draw lots" he said. As things were when it came to such events luck wasn't exactly his strong suit. Not to mention he had a lot on his mind messing up his decisions.

"lots? For what?" an applicant asked a smirk now plastered across the mans face

"to determine who will hunt and be hunted" he said, beginning his explanation of our stay at Zevil island and how we would earn the minimal amount of points, the person who would choose first was the person who completed the quickest, turning his eyes over to meet Hisoka's.

"will the first person come forward" Hisoka's smirk remained his dominant expression like usual walking towards the lots and drawing his card before walking back. Yoru watched from afar as he noticed Gon a determined look upon his face.

"you reek of blood" slightly startled the red head turned his head only to meet the silver haired boys piercing gaze one that was trying to complete a puzzle.

"first time?" the boy asked still maintaining eye contact, Yoru nodded at Killua statement

"It was kill or be killed" Yoru stated his gaze cast off away from Killua's to the floor, Killua only sighed nodding his head from side to side.

"you should have taken Tonpa's place, you idiot" a scowl slightly showed on the boy's face

"I'd have to kill eventually" Yoru responded, Killuas head turned back to the boy in slight shock, the red haired boy didn't quite know what he said until it flowed out of his mouth, and he was disgusted by how calmly he said it. Killua prepared to speak but pursed his lips, he was in know place to judge was the conclusion he came to.

"my turn" Yoru walked towards the lots taking off his tag beforehand. Picking out his lots and putting his card in his pocket he walked towards were Gon and Killua were situated.

"hey Killua," he said something about hunting and being hunted, does that mean will be fighting each other" Gon asked

"yeah probably" Killua replied his hands relaxed behind his head turning to look at Yoru then back towards his lots. Gon's attention now turned towards the red haired boy, he had planned on talking to him while in trick tower but the fourth phase explanation and lots had drawn him away from doing so to put it simply he forgot.

"ah, Yoru!" Gon exclaimed his hand behind the back of his head. Gon turned to look at the boys shirt his demeanor change though it wasn't one of worry, he pointed at Yoru's shirt.

"what happened?" the boy asked with genuine curiosity, Yoru looked down towards his stained tank top.

"I ran into some trouble, let's talk later" Yoru said his emotions slightly elated than before, taking his mind off of what he was feeling towards himself and the number of things he was thinking about. Gon had arrived with Card in hand with his usual cheery smile. As ordered the applicants were ordered to peel off the seal to see their target. Yoru Pulled his card out from his pocket peeling off the seal as ordered and his body stiffened immediately at the sight of who he had to capture, it was Illumi or the character soon to be revealed as him. All ideas of even approaching the guy was destroyed, he would have to get an extra tag or two if he truly wanted to pass.

Time skip

His head laid back against the deck and his eyelids fell heavy, the announcer girls' cheery attitude was cut short due to the noticeably depressing atmosphere the boat had. Kill or be killed, the hunter exam was harder than depicted in the show so people finding it easy were monsters. Turning his head over to Leorio and Kurapika their worry about him seemingly dissipated made the boy lax. Gon sat beside the boy and was met with a familiar.

"yo"

Though sleepy he knew whose voice that was immediately an awkward silence filled the air for the three boys none knowing what to speak until Killua managed to break the silence.

"what number did you two draw?" the silver haired boy asked

"how about you?" Gon asked seemingly avoiding the question

"secret" was all that came from the boys mouth a temporary silence once again as the two boys let out awkward smiles to each other.

"don't worry you two aren't my target" Killua said relieving the somewhat depressing atmosphere

"and my target isn't you or Yoru" Gon replied the two turned over to look at Yoru who's eye lids were forced to stay open. A yawn escaped his lips as he turned towards the boys who were expectant on him telling him if they were his target or not.

"don't worry, my target isn't any one of you" he finally stated Killua curled his hands to a ball before resting his head upon it, looking away awkwardly before turning ack to us

"show each other our target number at the same time?" the boy said

"ok" Gon responded in his usual cheery attitude.

Preparing to reveal the card numbers the three had a chant was made.

"ready and..." the three stated simultaneously revealing the cards, Killuas jaw dropped slightly in disbelief

"number 44 and number and 301 aren't they..." Killua's mind most likely showing images of the two.

"seriously" he said raising his head back to eye level

"you two have seriously bad luck" Killua said his gaze still on Gon and Yoru

"you think so?" Gon asked a somewhat nervous smile on his face

"I'll steal 3 tags" Yoru responded his eyelids now dropped as he drifted off to sleep.

Awakened by the sound of the boat docking Yoru's eyelids opened still slightly dazed he walked up towards the group of hunters yawning slightly into his hands. The announcer girl explained the rules for disembarking towards Zevil island and with that it began. Hisoka walked off towards the island and so it went on every two minutes the next person who finished would leave.

"good luck Gon, Killua" Yoru said the boy wasn't exactly excited but he had to finish the exam. Exiting the ship, he disappeared into the forest.

An: Hope you enoyed the update, this story won't be dropped