22.

| B R O O K L Y N |

Before I could even scream, Carson chanted a spell, and I was pushed up against the wall with invisible bounds around my wrists and ankles.

"If you scream, I won't hesitate to kill your lover. Grayson, right?" Carson asked as he began to twirl the knife once more.

"Leave him out of this," I replied, struggling against the bounds.

"That's no use. My power is stronger than yours."

"Why are you here?"

"What? I can't come visit my sister once in a while?" Carson asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Not when you are trying to kill me," I fired back, making him chuckle.

"Sarcastic just like good ole Dad," Carson chuckled, staring at the spinning knife.

"Don't talk about my father. You have no right," I said, angrily.

Carson slammed the knife down, and he was in my face within a second.

"I might have killed him, but he was still my father, too. Don't make me kill you right here," Carson threatened, clenching his fists at his sides.

I laughed in his face. "You won't kill me right here. You have to wait for the blood moon. And if you do kill me right now, you will never regain your vampire side."

Carson looked amused. "Finally, somebody who is not terrified of me."

I rolled my eyes, and Carson continued. "That's why I'm here actually."

I furrowed my eyebrows,"What?"

"Brooklyn, when I kill you on the blood moon, I can bring you back to life," Carson explained with a proud smile.

"That's impossible."

"And you thought tribids were impossible, too, but yet, here you are," Carson reminded me before adding,"I can do it. I can do anything. All I ask in return is for you to rule the supernatural world with me."

"I thought you hated my guts."

Carson shrugged,"I do, but you are the only tribid alive. People will be scared of you, and they will bow down to you. Plus I'll spare your lover and his pack. All you have to do is agree."

"And if I don't?" I asked.

Carson's wicked smile disappeared. "I will kill you then your friends, but I'll keep your lover alive. Make him feel the pain of loosing a soulmate. That's worse than actually dying. So what do you want to do?"

"Neither. I will kill you, and I will protect my friends and Grayson."

Carson's eyes widen. "Your friends are here. I could just go and kill them so you can change your mind."

I shook my head as I struggled against his magic. "No. Carson, don't!" I felt my eyes shift, and Carson stood there, watching my eyes.

"I won't tonight. I have just arrived, and I don't want to spoil the fun," Carson told me before whispering in my ear. "But if I were you, I would take my offer. I'm not nice often. Don't take advantage of it."