10.

| B R O O K L Y N |

I woke up to the sound of somebody mumbled to themselves. That person didn't sound like Melissa at all. More like a man.

I cracked my eyes open to see Julian sitting on the coffee table in front of me with a wet rag and a bowl full of water beside him. He was texting somebody on his phone.

"Julian?" I asked, making him snap his eyes to look at me.

"Yeah. How are you feeling? Caleb left a huge bite," Julian said, pointing to my bite.

I looked down to see the bite was now healing, but it still hurt a lot. It was still was black like venom. I looked back up at Julian with confused eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He stood up, walking around the table before sitting in the chair across of me.

"Well, I need answers first off. I followed your scent here which wasn't easy since this house belongs to a witch. I knocked on the door a couple times, and then I looked through the window, and I saw you passed out on the couch. The only reason I found you was because there was blood on the street," Julian explained.

"Thank you," I thanked him.

"You're my Luna. I would die for you," Julian said.

"What happened with Caleb? Is he alright?" I asked him.

He nodded,"Yes. Allison and I got him back to the pack house without a problem. Alpha Alec called all the witches and warlocks in town to help Caleb. I haven't heard anything so I don't know if they turned him back or not."

"You probably want answers, huh?"

He nodded again, and I sat up, wincing in pain. Julian started to get up, but I stopped him.

"I'm fine," I reassured him and he sat back down. "Now what do you want to know?"

"Everything," Julian replied with a firm face.

"Okay, well for starters I'm not human. I'm a hybrid. My mother was the Alpha Jason's daughter, and my father was a vampire. I have a pack back in California. My uncle, Brody, is the Alpha there," I started.

"You are related to Alpha Brody Jones? The Jones family is legendary. I heard stories about his sister, Alyssa Jones," Julian said.

"That was my mother. Her and my father died in a rogue attack when I was fifteen," I told him.

"I'm sorry about your loss, Brooklyn," Julian told me, sincerely.

"Thank you," I told him before continuing,"Everything was quiet for two years until the weekend before I came here. There was a couple of rogues trying to kidnap me. My uncle and my pack saved me, but I was still in danger and so was my pack.

He did what was best and sent me here to live with a family friend, Melissa Wilson. She gave me this perfume thing to cover my scent so you guys wouldn't know that I'm a hybrid."

"So you know that you and Grayson are mates?" Julian asked me.

"Yes," I replied.