28.

| B R O O K L Y N |

I waited for a couple minutes before I set my plan into motion. My blood was filling the pint slowly, and I saw Bruce staring at it.

He's a vampire. I smell it, and it's killing him that he can't get his hands on my blood.

"I'll be right back," Dr. Barnes told me before leaving the room.

"It sucks doesn't it," I said, making his eyes look away from the bag to me.

"What?" He asked, making me shrug.

"You are sitting here watching my blood," I said before taking a deep breath. "Watching it drip. I wonder what it taste like. If I had to take a guess, I would say it tastes like strawberries."

Bruce's eyes went dark with hunger, and I knew my plan was working.

"I'll make you a deal. If you let me walk, I'll give you this," I said, gesturing to the blood bag.

He shook his head as he walked over to me. Bruce leaned down until his lips was close to my neck.

Then, in a flash, he bit my neck, making me bite my tongue to stop myself from screaming. While he was distracted, I broke free from my restraints.

I wrapped my hands around his neck before snapping it. Bruce fell to the ground, and I quickly untied my ankles.

I pulled the needle out of my arm, and I ran to the basement to save Allison. Blood was dripping from my neck, but I didn't care.

My focus was on getting Allison and getting the heck out of here.

The guy who was with Allison was leaning against the wall, asleep. Allison was still sitting on the ground.

She looked up when she heard me, and I put a finger to my lips. Allison nodded, and I quietly walked over to her, and I ripped the chains off her wrists.

I wrapped her arm around my shoulders while my other arm lifted her up by the waist. I looked to see that the guard was still asleep, and we quietly walked back up the stairs.

"There's got to be a back door," I muttered, looking around the house.

"Brooklyn, over there," Allison pointed to a sliding door that led out to the woods.

We walked, well Allison limped, over to the door, and I pushed it open. I listened for any sounds of footsteps, but there weren't any.

I could use my super speed if it weren't for the fact that my leg was still healing from the ravine bullet.

We started walking across the yard to the woods. To freedom.

But of course this was too easy.

I heard the guard before I saw him, and he had a pistol with him. I pushed Allison behind a thick tree trunk right before he shot at us.

"Allison, shift. Get out of here," I said, making her nod weakly.

"What about you?" She asked, sadly.