9.

| M E L I S S A |

I hate when Alpha Alec calls for a meeting. It ends bad every time. Warlocks and witches can't get along long enough to fix the problem.

"Well, well, well. Look what the grim reaper drugged in," a familiar voice said behind me.

I bit the inside of my cheek, turning around to see my worse enemy, Cassandra. Her long red hair was in a tight ponytail, and her icy blue eyes were cold like usual.

"Cassandra, nice seeing you here," I replied, titling my head.

"Why wouldn't I be? I mean, I am the first one here every time Alpha Alec calls, not you ex witch," Cassandra said with a smirk.

I shook my head,"Still the same bitch, I see. That's extremely disappointing."

Before she could say anything else, Alpha Alex's voice boomed in the conference room.

"Sit down. We have business to discuss," He said, making all of us sit.

Luna Grace was sitting next to him like usual. I sat down between a warlock, Tim, and a witch, Sasha.

"Now, as you may know already, there is witch/warlock using dark magic, and they are in town. One of our teenagers couldn't turn back from his wolf form, and he doesn't recognize his own pack. He escaped two weeks ago, and we have guards looking for him 24/7.

But when they do find him, I need you all to help with a ritual to turn him back," Alpha Alec finished.

Shawn, one of the warlocks stood up from his chair.

"And why should we help you? I mean, you never return favors, and we always come when you call," Shawn said with a firm face.

Alpha Alec stood up from his spot. "I don't know if you forgotten, but my pack was the ones to save all of your asses when the vampires came through four years ago. You owe me everything for saving the witch community in this town."

Shawn was silent before sitting down pursing his lips. I get why; that attack left many families heartbroken. Like me.

My husband didn't die in a plane crash. He died in that vampire attack saving me. The vampires were going after all warlocks/witches in the town, and he died protecting me.

I didn't tell Brooklyn because she's half vampire, and I didn't want her to feel guilty. I didn't like lying to her, but it's for the best.

"Dad! We found him!" A boy yelled, coming in the conference room.

He looked just like his father with his dark brown hair and blue eyes. They could be twins since their faces looked a lot alike.

"Grayson, I'm in a meeting," Alpha Alec said, sternly.

Ahhh, so this was Brooklyn's mate. He's pretty handsome.

"Julian and Allison found Caleb. He's here," Grayson said to his father, shocking us all.

"Alright. Put him in the cells. We'll do the ritual in there," Alpha Alec instructed.