5.

| B R O O K L Y N |

"What can I get for you guys today?" A girl in her early twenties asked.

Her short brown hair was in a tiny ponytail, and her green eyes were looking around at the group.

They started to order, and I looked at the menu. A chocolate milkshake sounds great to me.

"And you?" She asked me.

"A large vanilla shake with a side of french fries," I told her with a smile.

"Alright. What can I get for you?" She asked, looking at Grayson.

She gave him a flirtatious smile, making me get this angry feeling burst through my whole body.

Grayson didn't seem to notice this as he said,"A cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake. Extra fries."

"It will be out in a few," the waiter said before leaving the table.

As everybody got into their own conversations, I looked over at Grayson.

"Chocolate? Really?" I asked him, referring to his choice of milkshake.

"What? It's the best flavor out there," he said.

I shook my head,"Chocolate is overrated."

"You don't get to say that. You got a vanilla milkshake," he argued.

"So? What's wrong with vanilla?" I asked him.

"It's boring."

I scoffed,"Vanilla is not boring. Vanilla is creamy and simple."

"Mmph. Sure," he said , pursing his lips.

Before I could say anything else, the girl came back with our food and drinks. She placed my vanilla shake before me and my plate filled with french fries.

My mouth watered at the sight. Everybody else got their food, and I started to eat my food.

"So, Brooklyn, why did you move to Florida?" Caleb asked me, catching everybody's attention.

I cleared my throat before saying,"Um. Personal reasons."

They were silent for a moment before Zoey asked,"Do you have any siblings?"

"No. It's just me."

"Anything else?" The waitress asked, coming back to our table.

"No, we're good. Thank you though," Grayson said with a tight smile.

"Randy's party is going to be lit Friday night," Caleb said.

"You coming Grayson?" Julian asked Grayson.

"Maybe," he said before looking at me,"Will you be there?"

"Um, well, sure," I stuttered out.

"I'll will be there," Grayson told Julian.

His Hybrid Mate | COMPLETEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara