12.

| B R O O K L Y N |

I didn't sleep at all last night. My mind was preoccupied with the letter. My father knew there was a chance he wouldn't make it, but he still protected me.

"Morning, Brooks," Grayson said behind me.

I shut my locker, and I smiled before turning around to face him.

"Hey, Grayson," I replied, leaning against the lockers.

The bell rang, making me groan. Grayson noticed this, and he smiled.

"You wanna skip?" Grayson asked me.

"What? Skip classes?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yes, come on. We can go do whatever you want. Or we can go to some boring classes. Your choice," Grayson said with a smirk.

"Fine. Let's go get food," I replied before walking towards the exit.

He walked behind me, and I pushed the double doors to get outside. We walked out to his car, and I got into the passenger seat.

"So where do you want to eat?" Grayson asked after we exited the parking lot.

"How about that diner we went to on my first day? They had some amazing milkshakes," I said, making him chuckle.

"You want a milkshake at 9:00 in the morning?" Grayson asked me.

I nodded,"Yeah. A milkshake is a milkshake doesn't matter what time it is. Plus I need some energy. I didn't sleep at all last night."

"Why? Are you feeling okay?" Grayson asked, frantic.

"I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep," I said, putting my arm on the console.

As I looked out the window, I felt Grayson's arm right next to mine. Sparks were flying through my body, and I slowly glanced over at Grayson to see him smiling.

When we parked at the diner, I quickly got out of the car. I stood on the sidewalk, waiting for Grayson.

When he walked up to me, we walked into the diner. A waitress greeted us at the door. It was the same girl from two weeks ago who was checking Grayson out the whole time.

"Sit anywhere you like," the waitress said before walking off.

Grayson and I made our over to a booth by the window. It started to rain lightly outside. The waitress came over to our table with her notepad.

"Drinks?" She asked.

"A coffee with sugar and milk," Grayson said, keeping his eyes on me.

"And a vanilla milkshake," I said as she wrote down the order.

"Okay. It'll be out soon," she said before leaving us alone.

"Okay, since I haven't really learned much about you, and vice versa, why don't we ask each other questions?" Grayson asked, tapping his finger on the table, softly.

"Fine. What's your favorite singer?" I asked him, putting my hands in front of me.

"Bruno Mars and Arianna Grande," He answered, surprising me.