19.

| B R O O K L Y N |

I groaned as I snuggled deeper into the pillow. Then I smelt rosewood, making me sit straight up in panic. I looked around to see that I was in a large bed with a gray comforter on it. There was a black nightstand table with a lamp on top, lighting up the whole room.

There was a window, but it was cover with black curtains. A flat screen tv hung on the wall above a bookshelf filled with books, and a chest sat right at the end of the bed on the floor.

Where am I? Then all of the memories came rushing to me. Fighting the witches, everybody finding out about me, the fight with Adrian, and Grayson poking a needle in my neck.

At that, my anger increased as I threw the comforter off of me. Then I saw that I was in different clothes than the ones I was in earlier today. It was my black sweatshirt and my gray shorts.

I walked to the door, and, surprisingly, it was unlocked. I walked out into the deserted hallway. I walked down the hall, and quietly down the stairs.

I looked around to find an silent house. I walked into the kitchen, and I found a glass cup in a cupboard. I poured water into the cup before drinking it all.

"What are you doing up?" Grayson's voice said behind me, scaring me half to death.I dropped the glass cup, and it fell to the floor, shattering glass everywhere.

"Crap. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to," I apologized as I tried to look around for the broom.

"Brooklyn, it's okay just stay still so you won't hurt yourself," Grayson said as he grabbed the broom from the closet.

He swept up the broken glass, and he threw it away in the trash can. Then he put the broom back in its original spot.

"I'm mad at you," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

He sighed before saying,"I know. I'm sorry, Brooks, but I can't let you leave knowing people are after you."

"You know I could leave here if I wanted to and nobody could stop me."

"I know that also, but I'm begging you to stay. I mean, we are mates, and you are going to be Luna of our pack," Grayson said, grabbing ahold of my hand, gently. There was only a few inches between us, and I yearned for his lips on mine.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you," I said, standing up straighter.

"So are you going back to bed or...?" Grayson asked, softly.

"Probably back to bed. I'm sleepy," I said before yawning to prove my point.

He smiled,"Okay. By the way, this is not the pack house, so don't feel scared to meet everybody tomorrow."

I nodded,"Gotcha."

He stretched my hand out, and he gave me a kiss on the hand, making my legs feel like jello.

"Goodnight, Brooks."

"Goodnight, Gray," I said before making my way back upstairs to his room I presume.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••