23.

| B R O O K L Y N |

"What the hell is going on, Grayson?" Grayson's father asked him once we arrived to the pack house.

"What happened?" Luna Gabriella asked, noticing the hole in his shirt where his wound was.

"I'll explain everything," Grayson responded as he continued to walk through the double doors.

I followed him to the dining hall where everybody was sitting, waiting for an announcement.

They all shut up when they saw Grayson. Then they looked at me with a weird look, and I knew they smelt a vampire. Grayson went up to the head table which sat higher than everybody. I sat down beside Allison and the group.

"Thank you all for coming. I have lied to all of you," Grayson announced, making everybody murmur.

"I have found my mate; Brooklyn. She is the daughter of Alyssa and Skylar Jones," Grayson continued. "And yes that means she is a hybrid. But she is no longer a hybrid. Her father was a dark witch before he was turned, and his magic laid dormant. And so did Brooklyn powers until a few hours ago."

Everybody gasped, and several stared at me including Grayson's parents.

"But that means she is a tribid," Alpha Alec said, making Grayson nod.

"She is a danger!" Somebody yelled.

"She should be locked up!"

"Tribids are dangerous!"

Everybody was talking among themselves, and the group was asking if I was okay. But I have had enough. I stood up from my seat, making them all go silent.

"I am not a danger!" I argued, crossing my arms over my chest.

"And how do you know? Didn't you just unlocked all of your powers?" A woman asked.

"Yes, but if I was a danger, I would have let Grayson die! The only reason I pushed my witch powers out of dormant is because I was the only person that could save Grayson!"

They all looked back to Grayson who nodded in agreement.

"Brooklyn saved my life. Carson Jones killed me, and she brought me back to life. Carson is part warlock part vampire. He is ruthless, and he has killed over a hundred of packs hundreds of years ago. His vampire side lays dormant due to the spell his father put him under.

The only way to break the spell is to kill Brooklyn. After he does that, he will be unstoppable."

Everybody glanced over at me, and they murmured to the people surrounding them.

"How do we know she won't turn out like her brother?" A guy asked Grayson.

"He might share my blood, but he is not my brother. He killed my parents, he attacked my old pack, and he is planning on killing more packs if we don't stop him. I am nothing like my brother."

"She is right," Allison said, standing up from her chair. "Brooklyn is our future Luna, people. I know that she will do anything to protect us. You need to trust her or we are doom. So I stand by Brooklyn. Do you?"