24.

| B R O O K L Y N |

For the last ten minutes, I have been looking at Grayson who was still asleep. I traced my finger along his jawline, admiring it.

Grayson groaned, pulling me in closer. I smiled, and he cracked his eyes open.

"Good morning, beautiful," Grayson whispered, drawing circles under my shirt on my back.

"Morning. Do you know you snore when you are in a deep sleep?" I asked with a smile.

"Well, at least I don't talk in my sleep."

"I do not!" I exclaimed, making him chuckle.

"I love you," he said before bopping his nose with mine.

"I love you, too," I replied, bopping his nose back.

"How did you sleep?"

I shrugged, and he raised an eyebrow at me. "I slept for two hours, but I woke and I couldn't go back to sleep."

"You need rest, Brooklyn. You are stressing yourself over Carson."

"Grayson, I can't rest. Carson is either going to kill me or the people I love, and there is no other way around it."

"So what are you saying? You want to give yourself to Carson to be killed?"

I shook my head,"I don't want to, but what other choice do I have?"

He stayed silent, and I said,"Exactly."

"I will find another way to beat him. He will not lay a hand on you," Grayson replied before his phone starting dinging from text messages.

He didn't even give it a glance.

"Gray, your phone is going off," I informed him, making him shrug.

"I know, Brooks. I'm just not answering," he responded with a smile.

"What if it's important?" I asked him as he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"They'll call me," he replied before giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

The dinging ended, but only for a few minutes. Whoever it was kept sending messages, and Grayson answered it, and his eyes widen.

"What's wrong?" I asked him after he ended typed something back.

"That was Allison. Something is going on with the pack. Everybody is waking up sick as a dog," he informed me as he got out of the bed.

"Carson," I said, making him nod.

"I wouldn't put it passed him," he said, throwing a t-shirt.

"I'm coming with you," I told him, pushing the blankets off of me.

He shook his head,"No. You need to stay here."

"Gray, I'm a tribid. This virus isn't going to affect me."

"We don't know that for sure. You are staying here while I go figure out how to fix this," Grayson said, opening my bedroom door.