14.

| B R O O K L Y N |

It was a couple days later, and Julian and I have been researching. And we still have nothing.

But on the brighter side, Grayson and I have been hanging out more and we might kissed a few times.

"Earth to Brooklyn!" Isabella said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I blinked a couple of times before saying,"Sorry, what?"

"I was asking you if you're going to Aidan's party tomorrow night?" Isabelle asked, twirling a piece of hair around her finger.

I nodded,"Yeah. Sounds fun."

"Good. We'll pick you up," Zoey said, making me shake my head.

"No," I said, making everybody look at me. "I mean, I have errands to run before the party so I'll just meet you guys there."

Allison nodded,"Okay."

Everybody went into another conversation. Grayson was sitting beside me, and he picked up a small fry before throwing it at me. I looked at him to see him smiling.

"Buddy, believe me, you don't want to start a food fight with me," I warned him, making him laugh.

"I'll take my chances," Grayson replied with a smirk playing at his lips.

Then Julian joined us at the table with a firm face.

"Where have you been, Jules?" Isabelle asked him, opening her water bottle.

"Um, I had to run an errand for the home ed teacher," Julian said, tapping his finger on the table.

"Oh, well, we were just talking about the party tomorrow night," Zoey said, making him nod.

For the rest of the lunch period, we talked about some tv show. When the bell rang, Julian stuffed something in my hand as I walked past him.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion until I opened my hand to see a napkin with writing on it.

We have a huge problem, but I found something huge. Meet at your house after school. -Jules

"What's that?" Grayson asked behind me.

I closed my hand, quickly, and I turned around with a smile on my face.

"Nothing. Just trash," I lied as I threw it away in the trash bin.

"Humph. Come on, we don't want to be late for class, now do we?" Grayson asked, and I nodded.

We walked to our next class, and the teacher started the lesson. My mind was too clouded to be paying attention with Julian's note.

What did he find out?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Why don't you want me to drive you home? Do you live in a cave with bats or something?" Grayson asked me as we walked out to the parking lot.