27.

| B R O O K L Y N |

It doesn't take me long to find Carson. He's on the outskirts of town in a warehouse. I can feel his magic, and when I neared the warehouse, I could smell his scent.

There were guards surrounding the warehouse, and I could smell blood.

I hope it's not Allison. I can't bear to loose anybody else.

I winced in pain at my vampire bite which is slowly healing.

I know I need a plan, but right now, I just want to go in there and rip Carson's head off.

As I jumped off the tree, I saw somebody moving. I landed on the ground quietly before attacking the person.

We both fell to the ground, and I looked at the person to see that it was Caleb. His eyes widen, and I quickly got off of him.

"What the hell, Caleb?" I asked him as he got up from the ground.

"Grayson said you ran off. I followed your scent here, and the others are on their way," he explained, quietly.

"You need to leave. If Carson knows you are here, he will kill you without a blink of an eye."

"My mate is here. I'm not going anywhere," Caleb argued with a scowl.

Before I could say anything else, we both heard a scream.

Allison's scream.

Caleb took off running towards the warehouse, and I followed in suit, trying to grab him before we are seen.

But it's too late.

The guards noticed us right away, and they raised their guns.

Then fired.

I jumped on top of Caleb, sending us both on the ground behind an abandoned car. We both sat up against the car. Gunshots were being shot, and that's when I noticed a searing pain in my thigh.

I looked down to see dark red blood soak through my pants.

I was shot.

The bullet must have hit me when I jumped on top of Caleb.

And this wasn't any type of bullet. I smell ravine from the wound.

"Shit," Caleb cursed as he noticed my leg.

The guards were closing in, and there was no way I could make it out of here with Caleb with my injured leg.

I took a deep breath before casting an orb spell. The exact same orb spell that Melissa used to protect me from Cassandra.

A clear orb went around us and the car, and Caleb stood up. I heard gunshots still, but it sounded like  we were underwater.

"Caleb," I said, catching his attention. "This orb isn't going to hold long. As soon as it goes out, you need to run."

Caleb shook his head,"No way. You are my Luna; my friend, and I'm not going to leave you to die."