6.

| B R O O K L Y N |

"Mom, what's going on?" My fifteen year old asked my mother.

She didn't answer me, but, instead, grabbed my wrist, dragging me out of my bed. That's when I smelt it. There was a fire. It was burning the walls, floors, basically anything it could touch.

"Where Dad?" I yelled.

"I'm right here, sweetie," my father's voice said behind me.

"Ben, we have to go," my mother urged.

"Hold on," Dad said, grabbing us.

He was about to super speed us out of here. We were almost to the front door when somebody tackled us to the floor.

I was ripped away from my parents, and I hit a wall which wasn't burned up yet. I looked up to find a man standing over my mother. He picked her up by her throat, and she clawed at him.

She was weak because of the silver that was laced in the smoke.

"Mom!" I screamed as the man inserted his hand in her chest. My mother's eyes widen, and she mouthed 'I love you.' Then the man ripped her heart out.

I screamed in pain. Tears fled from my eyes as the man started to walk over to me. He didn't get close to me when he was knocked down by my father.

"Dad!" I screamed.

He came rushing over towards me, but before he could make it to me, a wooden stake went through his chest.

"No!" I screamed. 

My father's body fell to the ground, and the man stood where he was standing.

"No! No! No!" I screamed over and over.

"Brooklyn!" Melissa's voice woke me up.

My eyes widen, and I took deep breaths to calm me down. I was covered in sweat to the point I looked like I ran a marathon.

"Calm down, sweetie. It was just a nightmare. It's just a nightmare," she soothed as she hugged me against her chest.

"I-It wasn't a nightmare. I-It was a m-memory," I said as tears rolled down my eyes.

"About your parents?" Melissa asked me.

I nodded,"About the night they died."

Her mouth widened, and she pulled me closer to comfort me. I looked around the room to see that I didn't break anything. Last time I had a dark nightmare, I broke almost everything in the room, almost hurting Aunt Riley.

"How about you get a nice warm shower and I'll make some eggs and bacon?" Melissa asked, rubbing my shoulder.

I nodded while she said,"Okay."

I stood up, and I walked into the bathroom. I shut the door, locking it, before looking at myself in the mirror. Sweat was dripping down my face, my hair was in tangles, and I had black rings around my eyes from the lack of sleep.