7.

| G R A Y S O N |

"I understand, Grayson. I will excuse you and your friends," Mrs. Quinn said before attending to her duties.

"Thank you, Mrs. Quinn," I replied before walking out of the office.

Now that I done that, the only thing I have to do know is tell Brooklyn a lie. Man, I hate lying to her, but it's to protect her.

If rogues found out I had a mate, they would know my weakness. I can't let Brooklyn get hurt because of me.

I walked into the cafeteria, but I didn't see Brooklyn anywhere. I clenched my jaw, and I stalked out of the cafeteria.

Where did she go?

I came around a corner where I bumped into a girl. But this wasn't a regular girl, this was my mate.

"Grayson!" Brooklyn exclaimed, surprisingly.

I scrunched my eyebrows,"You okay?"

She nodded, giving me a nervous smile. "Totally."

I raised an eyebrow,"You sure? You sound nervous."

She nodded,"Yeah, I'm just not feeling well."

I didn't believe her. One thing I found out quickly about Brooklyn is that she is a terrible liar.

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" I asked her, playing along with her story.

"No. I just need to drink some water," she replied, waving it off.

"Okay, well, the group and I, um, had something major pop up, and we have to leave," I said.

"I understand. Everything okay?" She asked, kindly.

I nodded,"Yeah. We'll be back tomorrow."

"Alright. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," Brooklyn said, trying to hide her disappointment.

"Bye, Brooks," I replied.

"Bye, Grayson. I'll see you tomorrow," Brooklyn said before walking into the cafeteria.

I watched her get a cup of water, and she sat back down at our table. I feel bad for leaving her, but I need to figure out what's wrong with Caleb.

I walked out of the school, and over to my car. I unlocked it before getting in the car, slamming the door behind me. I started the engine, and I was off towards the pack house. I called Allison, and I placed the phone to my ear.

It only took two rings before she picked it up.

"How is Caleb?" I asked her, stopping at a red light.

"It's bad, Gray. He changed when we got to the pack house, and it's like he doesn't recognize us," Allison answered and I heard Tyler say something in the background.

"Allison, what happened?" I asked her.

"Caleb broke Julian's ribs and hand and injured at least ten guards. It took Dad and twenty other guards to get him in the dungeon," Allison said, and I heard her sniffle.