16.

| B R O O K L Y N |

I snapped my eyes open to see that I was in the middle of the woods. The sun was rising so it must be early.

I groaned as I sat up. My head was pounding. Then everything hit me.

The party, Aidan working for Carson, everything turning black.

I looked down at my hands to see dried blood on my hands. Like a lot of blood. My eyes widen at the sight.

"Hey, there is something over here!" I heard a man's voice yelled.

I used my super speed, and I ran out of the woods. I didn't stop running until I made it to the house. I ran into the house and to the shower.

I looked at myself to see my outfit was ripped and there was dark dried blood all around my mouth and down my neck.

"Brooklyn, is that you? Why didn't you come home last night?" Melissa asked on the other side of the door.

"Melissa, something happened. I-I shifted last night," I said, not opening the door.

"Brooklyn, open the door. You're scaring me," Melissa said.

I slowly unlocked the door, and I opened it. Melissa's eyes widen when she saw they blood.

"Please tell me that is animal blood," Melissa said, making me shake my head.

"I don't know. Aidan is a freaking vampire. He stuck a needle in my neck to make me shift. That's the last thing I remember. Omg. I could have killed someone," I said, scared.

"It's okay. Get into the shower. We'll figure this out," Melissa said, calmly.

I nodded, and she shut the door, wary. I stripped from my clothes, and I turned the shower on.

I stepped into the shower, and I let the warm water rush over me. I grabbed a rag and some soap before scrubbing the blood off of me.

The bottom of the shower turned a pale red, and I started to get frustrated. I threw the rag down, and I shook my head. I then washed my hair, quickly.

I turned the shower off, and I stepped out before grabbing a towel. I wrapped the towel around me, and I looked in the mirror to see no blood anywhere on me.

I walked out of the bathroom and up to my room. I threw on a bra, underwear, leggings, and a red sweatshirt. I walked back downstairs to see Melissa flipping through news channels.

"Melissa?" I asked, making her look back at me.

"You're cleaned up. That's good. Sit," Melissa said, gesturing to the couch.

I sat down, and she placed the remote on the table. She sat down in the chair beside the couch.

"I need you to tell me everything leading up to last night," Melissa said to me, holding on my hand.

And I did. I told her about the letter and what Julian heard when Aidan was on the phone. I even told her that we know about the prophecy.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you," Melissa said, standing up from her chair.

"Well, you haven't been the most open person to talk to now days. You're always gone, and you are keeping secrets from me," I argued, standing up too.

Before she could say anything, her phone rang. She gave me a stern look before answering it.

"What? Is everybody okay?" Melissa asked the other person in the phone m with a worried look on her face.

"Melissa, what's going on?" I asked her.

"He was there?" Melissa asked as her voice broke. "I understand. I hope everybody starts feeling better. If you need anything, just give me a call."

Then she ended the call before looking back up at me.

"What's going on? Was that my Uncle Brody? Is everybody okay?" I asked her, worriedly.

"Brooklyn, there was a vampire attack at your old pack," she answered, making my heart stop. "There are ten people injured and four dead. Carson was there looking for you."

"Oh god. This is my fault. I should have been there to protect my pack," I said, placing a hand on my heart as my chest started hurting.

"This is not your fault. It's Carson's fault. You need to calm down before you shift again."

"Why does Carson want my heart? I'm not the only hybrid on this world. So what makes me so special?" I asked Melissa, who looked like she was having her own battle in her head.

"Brooklyn, what I'm about to tell you just stay between you and me," Melissa said, making me nod. "Before your father was turned into a vampire, he was a dark witch. His family has been dark witches for generations. He was in love with another witch named Elena. Then he got turned into a vampire a couple months after they got married, but Elena didn't care. She was in love with him. She went into dark magic to be with him. They had a child named Carson not even a year later."

I stumbled backwards, falling onto the couch.

"W-What?" Was all I could manage to say.

"Carson had access to both vampire and witch sides, but when he was seventeen, he killed thousands of innocent people and tortured werewolves. He was going to start a war in the supernatural world. Your father saw how dangerous he was so he had Elena cast a spell on him to keep his vampire side locked away—which angered Carson. He still had immortality, but he promised your father that he would be back and he would rule the supernatural world.

That was thousands of years ago. Then your father met your mother, and they fell in love because they were mates after all. They had you three years after they met," Melissa explained, softly.

"So what does that have to do with me?" I asked her, trying to take this information in.

"Well–..." Melissa started but the tv cut her off.

"Seventeen year old Amanda Navel was found outside of a gas station with her throat slashed open. Police state that this is an animal attack due to the the three large claw marks made on her throat. The town is already setting up a search party for the deadly animal. More will come tonight. I'm Linda Martinez," the lady said on the tv.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey angels!! Here is the update!! Thoughts?? This is kinda of a boring chapter, but the next one will be more eventful.

⭐️ Vote & Comment ⭐️

•Kensli•