20.

| B R O O K L Y N |

Pack house up top!

The vision made me sick all day. I told Grayson that it is just allergies, but he is trying to make me go to the pack doctor.

And I'm still upset with him about not telling his parents about me.

"Brooklyn," Grayson said, knocking on the door. "I know that you are still mad at me, but I need a change of clothes. I have to be at the pack house in a few minutes."

Getting off his bed, I opened the door to see him leaning against the doorway. His eyes lit up when he saw me.

I walked back to his bed, and I sat down while he walked into his room. He walked into his closet for his clothes.

"Why do you have to be at the pack house?" I asked him as he grabbed a pair of jeans.

"I have to interrogate Cassandra. The rest of the group is already there, waiting on me," Grayson explained, throwing a shirt over his shoulder.

"Can I come?" I asked Grayson who walked out of the closet.

He shook his head,"No."

I scowled,"Why not?"

"Because I said so," Grayson shot back before entering the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Who is he to tell me that I can't go? I have every right to be in that room when he interrogates Cassandra.

Two minutes later, Grayson walked out of the bathroom fully dressed. He grabbed his shoes off the ground, and he sat at the end of his bed.

"Look, after I'm done at the pack house, we can go out for dinner with milkshakes," Grayson suggested, putting his shoes on his feet.

"I'm still mad at you," I replied, crossing my arms against my chest.

He sighed before walking over to me. He sat down in front of me, and he held my hands gently.

"I didn't tell my parents about you being a hybrid because I was scared of what they would do. Your kind isn't exactly welcome in many territories. I was scared they would make you leave," Grayson said as his thumb stroke one of my hands.

His dark blue eyes glanced up at me, making my breath hitched.

"I'm not gonna leave you, Gray. If I would have left town, I would have been back for you. It kills me just thinking about leaving you," I told him, honestly.

"Forgive and forget?" Grayson asked, making me nod.

"Forgive and forget," I told him with a tiny smile.

He leaned in, and he kissed me on the lips. I kissed him back, and he used one of his hands to hold my face. I leaned back against the pillows as the kiss deepened.

Then a phone rang, making Grayson pull away. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket, and he answered it.

"What's up?" Grayson asked to whoever was on the phone. "What? Alright, alright. We will be there in a few." He ended the call, and he put his phone back in his pocket.