1.

| B R O O K L Y N |

And that's why I'm in Florida right now. Uncle Brody thought it would be best for my and the pack's protection to send me to one of my Mom's best friends far away from the pack which was in California.

Getting off the plane, I rubbed my eyes. I'm exhausted and upset, and all I want is to go to sleep. Adjusting my backpack on my bag, I nearly fell over.

I continued to walk towards where they keep the bags. I picked up my two suitcases, and I pulled the handle out so it would be easier for me to walk.

I don't even know who this woman is. I never met her, and Uncle Brody is sending me off to live with her.

I stepped onto the escalator, and I looked at all of the people at the end of the escalator. Some people were hugging, others were talking, but they were mostly hugging.

Then I saw a brunette hair women holding a sign that had my name on it. She looked like she was in her early forties or late thirties. She was average height for a woman, and she smiled when she saw me.

"You must be Brooklyn. I'm Melissa," she introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you," I replied with a right smile.

"You look just like your mother well expect for the eyes of course," she said, looking me over. "Here let me take that," she offered, pointing to one of my suitcases.

"I can do it, but thank you."

She nodded, and we walked outside to the parking lot. She stopped walking when we passed a silver car. She took her keys out of her pocket, and she hit the unlock button.

"You can put your stuff in the trunk," she said, popping the trunk open.

I put the suitcases in the trunk without a problem, and I shut it. The I walked to the passenger door, and I opened it. I slid in the seat, and I buckled the seatbelt.

She started the engine, and we drove off to her house. The sun was shining brightly today, but it wasn't hot outside. It was actually pretty cool outside.

"February in Florida is very cool. It only gets up to the seventies," Melissa said, reading my thoughts.

"How did you-"

"Know what you were thinking?" She finished, and I nodded. "I'm a witch, dear. I can hear thoughts."

My mouth opened in surprised. I knew she was involved with the supernatural world, but I didn't think she was a witch. I thought she mated with a werewolf or something.

The rest of the ride was quiet another than the music playing on the radio. Forty minutes later, we passed a sign.

Welcome to North Bay!

This must be the town she lives in. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her nod her head. My eyes widen and I looked away.

Ten more minutes passed until she parked in front of a white house. The roof was triangle shaped. The shutters were black, and there was plants by the steps. It looked welcoming. (Pic up top!)